Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 969 times)

Offline Cranky

2 questions
« on: November 27, 2007, 04:37:09 pm »
our gaming community has 2 servers, but i have nothing to do with the configs, so i am a little ignorant as to what can and can't be done. anyway, here is my question. is there a way to get a HUD, like the one in cod2, that shows directions(n,s,e,w) and your own teammates locations, without giving the location of the enemy?  most of our guys would like to have this, to be able to give intel, and know when a sound behind them is a teammate, by looking at the HUD  Also, will the mod ever address the accuracy of the weapons?  we find many of the mg's and assault rifles to be far too accurate, (i.e. the p90)  the weapons don't seem to follow the accuracy and damage descriptions given when choosing classes. if the HUD is available within the unmodded game, could someone please explain how to enable it?

thanks, cranky

Offline Bollockhead

2 questions
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 04:35:24 pm »
it would be nice if the guns could be tuned out has some of the sub machine guns are far to good for long range and the hud that showed u your own troops instead of all

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
2 questions
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 04:55:47 pm »
By the sounds of it, you guys are running a Ranked server in Hardcore mode

In whatever CFG you are using, there should be settings for oldschool mode and forcing the uav/compass on or off

Kind of like this:

Offline Cranky

2 questions
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 12:33:40 pm »
well, that would be a start, but it would be nice to have directions on the HUD, so you could tell a team mate the enemy is to the east, or he's heading north. that seems to be the biggest complaint from everyone. is the gun accuracy adjustable?

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
2 questions
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 12:38:51 pm »
In the HUD you have the little arrows of your Teammates that point in the direction of where they are going.

Also, directly above it, is a compass with directional indicators ((N, E, S, W)) -- granted not like the old compass of the 1940's but a more modern day compass *L*

I'm sure once the Mod Tools come out, someone will be able to make what you want.

As for the guns, Yes, everything is adjustable for an Unranked server -- you just have to open the weapons files and make the adjustments and then stick it in an IWD