Author Topic: Support: eXtreme+ v2.3  (Read 33693 times)

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
Support: eXtreme+ v2.3
« on: December 04, 2007, 09:50:16 pm »
Post any problems or questions here please

Offline LineOf7s

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 02:59:15 am »
Linux box.

Having a problem with clients loading maps repeatedly.  Progress bar fills up, pauses, then fills up again - ad infinitum.  Sometimes you can hear the ambient soundfx in the background as if you're sitting at the in-map menu, but the map loading screen continues to display and the progress bar continues to fill.

Apart from changing the default gametype to IHTF from DM, the map rotation is as shipped.

What should I be checking?

[edit] I've discovered it happens on all the stock maps I tried, and all the gametypes I tried.  Also, you can escape out back to the main menu when the progress bar is full, but moments later it'll take you back to the map loading screen where it will happily fill the progress bar again.

Offline Gixxer

• http://www.extremegamerz.net
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 06:57:54 am »
you have a download loop, the files on your server do not match the files on your redirect. download the ones off your server and put those on your redirect and try again.

Offline LineOf7s

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 09:45:43 am »
That makes sense, and I've had that problem happen before.

There are a couple of problems with that though:  
- I don't currently have any redirection set up (one problem at a time, y'know), so anything that needs downloading comes straight from the server
- I'm not having problems with the maps downloading.  The problem is that they keep loading, y'know, like into memory.  I've not seen this happen before, nor heard it asked about on the forums.
- These are all stock maps at this stage.

Nevertheless, just in case, I copied all the maps (stock as they are) from the server to the web space it would get redirected to when I set up redirection.  Sadly, but unsurprisingly, it didn't work.

I look forward to any other suggestions anyone might have.

PS:  Lurve extreme+ - adds so much gameplay to what was already a top notch game.

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 10:18:35 am »
Ok, assuming you are using the Advanced server setup -- You downloaded the zip file.  Extracted to your desktop in its own folder.  Then you uploaded the content of the folder to your server in its own fs_game folder.

Server / cod2 / fs_game

The contents of the folder should looks something like this:

advanced_extremev2.3

Folders:
extreme
maps
mptype
scriptdata

Files:
eXtreme+23_QuickSetupGuide.pdf
extremev2.3.iwd
maprotation.cfg
server.cfg

**Default Setup** in the server.cfg
Code: [Select]
// Client Download Settings. (0=off/1=on) Used for MODs and custom maps
// See included Quick Setup Guide for instructions.
set sv_allowdownload "1"
seta sv_wwwDownload "1"
seta sv_wwwBaseURL "http://www.your_website.com/base_folder"
seta sv_wwwDlDisconnected "1"

This will cause an attempt to download the clientside IWD (( extremev2.3.iwd ))

Now, I'm sure you have changed these settings for HTTP redirect in your server.cfg ;) You stated that you have set it to download from the server because you do not have a redirect set up.  Copying stock maps to a redirect? I would love to know how you did that. *LOL* Stock IWD's are 160meg +/- in size *L*

The description of your problem, sounds 100% like a redirect problem -- Server IWD's not matching what is on the Redirect -- BUT -- could be wrong.

I would love some screenshots or an AVI of what happens when you connect to your server.  Can you get that for me?

Offline LineOf7s

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 10:49:30 am »
I'm using the Client & Server setup (as I've always done), but apart from that everything else matched what you said - directory  structure, files included etc.

I'm not in a position to get a screenshot or AVI for you right now - it's 1:36am and the server's at my workplace - but the good news is, it's really easy for me to describe (being in mind I've manually copied the .iwd from the server to the appropriate client machines,  just to avoid it having to download itself.  I'll get back to that bit once I've got it working):

- You're at the main menu.  Select 'Join Game'
- You get a list of the available servers.  This is on a LAN, so we select Local and there it is (w00t!).  Double-click on it to join it.
- It begins connecting to the server, as normal.  Because it's on a LAN, this part takes a fraction of a second only.
- The loading screen for the current map comes up, as you would expect it to.  The progress bar starts filling after a moment.  All good so far.
- The progress bar fills.  Now at this point, you'd expect to be in the map, with the server greeting you and telling you all about the extreme+ mod (which I've already installed remember, so I didn't have to wait for it to download to the client machine from the server, a website, or anywhere else).  Instead though, the progress bar sits at the full mark for 3-5 seconds or so, then goes back to 100% empty and starts filling again - just as it did a moment before.
- This continues (apparently) indefinitely.  On one of the (3) client computers, after maybe 4 or 5 times through the progress bar filling, you could hear the ambient battle sounds of the map in the background, just as if you were on the in-map greeting screen.  All you could see was the map loading screen and the ever-filling progress bar though, as before.

I hope that explains it well enough.  I should also probably point out that this does not use any of the configuration files from 2.2 (per the pre-release advice), but I did of course attempt to run through the .cfg files and set the server up before I tried to run it for the first time.  I specifically turned off www redirection though (as I always do to start with) in order to get 'the basics' working first.  Given how many times I've installed this recently, I was actually quite surprised it didn't work perfectly first time.  It's a remarkably robust mod. *shrug*

[edit] Oh, and pardon my rudeness, but I must be off to bed.  Rest assured though, I'll be racing back here as soon as I awake.   :)

Offline LineOf7s

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 05:16:35 pm »
...and here I am 6 hours later to subtly bump this thread.  :)

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 05:25:51 pm »
I'm still at work 6 hours later *LOL*  

Can I Remotely Access your LAN server using Remote Desktop Management?

Offline Rugger

Melee sounds
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 07:04:16 pm »
In the new things added there was a line that said there was melee sound and humliation text on the screen when u bash someone. Is this suppose to work all the time or is there a .cfg command some where that I missed to get this working?

Thanks in advance for your time

Offline Gixxer

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 07:17:56 pm »
works all the time, and quite well too.

EDIT

check this please, in your monitoring.cfg you need an obit setting of "8" to get the message and the sound, the other setting have a description for them, if you want the message no sound, the sound but no message, take your pick. thanks PatmanSan, i always use setting "8" so i forgot about that.

Offline Rugger

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 07:50:17 pm »
I did the 8 and got nothing. I am using custom weapon files, is there a line in there that calls up the sounds and text that I might of erased.

Offline LineOf7s

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 07:59:50 pm »
Can I Remotely Access your LAN server using Remote Desktop Management?

Unhelpfully, no.  It's set up as a LAN-only server here at work, with very limited access to the outside world through firewalls and whatnot.

I can post any .cfg files you need, but given I've not heard about this before (and it's obviously not bothering anyone else), I'm thinking I may just reinstall it again from scratch and see if that helps.  Y'know, just One Of Those Odd Things.

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 08:09:58 pm »
Ok, let me know

Offline Gixxer

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 08:21:43 pm »
I did the 8 and got nothing. I am using custom weapon files, is there a line in there that calls up the sounds and text that I might of erased.

only if you edited the obituary.gsc file, other than that it should work, please tell me this was a clean install of 2.3 and you didn't mis-match version files. (have to ask). next step will be to go in the game, bash some one and post a link to the console_mp and the game_mp log files.

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 08:23:31 pm »
Quote from: "Rugger"

It's not in the weapon files.

How are you testing this? You are not testing on your own, bashing bots I hope? The HUMILIATION message and sound are for the victim only -- NOT the attacker. If YOU want to hear it, ask a human player of the opposite team to bash you brains out.