Author Topic: Support: eXtreme+ v2.3  (Read 33721 times)

Offline ReaKtor

Support: eXtreme+ v2.3
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 09:49:17 pm »
And more about referencing iw_08 . . .

iw_08 contains the 'character' directory which is conspicuously missing from 2.3  Why?  I copied the 'character' directory and the 'codescripts' directory over from 2.2 and ... viola !  . . no more reference to iw_08.iwd.

I did make some mistakes and you can get more than 13 maps if you install the soundaliases correctly.  But in the course of screwing up I found that to maximize your info string space you need to copy ALL of the soundaliases from each map.  mp_chelm contains a single player soundalias file -- sp_chelm.csv -- and it needs to be copied to the soundaliases directory as well as mp_chelm.csv or it causes mp_chelm to appear as a referenced iwd. Referenced iwds EAT infostring space.

So if you have a test server type "sv_referencediwdnames" in the console and it should return: "sv_referencedIwdNames" is: "fs_game/mod_name main/iw_13 main/iw_07 main/iw_06 main/iw_03" default: ""

If maps are listed then you have not copied the soundaliases correctly. (If you don't do this it DOUBLES the infostring space for that map).

So I have my 22 maps back and space for more . . .

Joker -- What about the 'character' directory?? It seems we need it in extreme if only to maximize infostring space.

LineOf7s -- add the soundaliases directory and copy a csv file from each map (and grab the sp_mapname.csv too if there is one) and all those sv_referencedIwdNames should go away.

Proceding to install eXtreme+ v2.3 on the KILLERROCKETGUNS server!!

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2007, 12:10:17 am »
The character and codescripts folders were removed from 2.3 because they were not needed anymore after removing the head popping/zombie code. I mean, after removing that code, we ended up with the stock scripts, and couldn't think of a reason to keep them in.

Most, if not all of us are using map packs and a soundaliases folder on our (test) servers, so we never encountered any problem by removing those folders. Putting back the folders and the stock scripts in the mod is an option of course. It's an improvement, but a small one. For a big step forward, map packs and soundaliases are the way to go.

But anyway, thanks for posting your findings ReaKtor. It will help other users to understand and fight the "Info String Length Exceeded" error, and it made clear to us that even stock scripts in the mod can make a difference.

Offline LAPD

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2007, 09:06:57 pm »
turrets overheating isn't released?!?! :(((

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2007, 09:10:08 pm »
No sorry

Perhaps v2.4 ;)

Offline McCune

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 06:08:29 am »
@PatmanSan
Sorry for the late response mate! Fixed the typo in the previous post.

I did found a work around with the nade load out.
I replaced normal nades with satchels and the smoke nades with gas nades in the configuration. Everything works now like it should.

Why I don't use napalm nades? Thought that the flame thrower was adding enough fire to the game play now LOL

Offline LAPD

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 07:13:45 pm »
how to ban client over ip using builtin rcon menu? or using pb_sv_banmask command, because existed tempban command not work correctly.
Main task is to obtain client's ip through the script and the extreme support team seems to me can solve this problem.

Offline Gixxer

• http://www.extremegamerz.net
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2007, 07:59:11 pm »
go to player control in rcon, select the player from the list you want to ban, select ban from the list, click apply, player is gone.

Offline LAPD

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2007, 08:38:47 am »
Quote from: "Gixxer"
go to player control in rcon, select the player from the list you want to ban, select ban from the list, click apply, player is gone.

no! my server had pure off option, and pb_sv_guidrelax is set o 7 all players can be banned only by pb_sv_banmask option :(((

another question:
ok, i've just activate LR weapons and scope zoom options, have changed impacts and fx from optional mod, but now bazooka's explosion (by Paulo?!?) is removed. :( how to combine LR impacts and rl explosions?

Offline Gixxer

• http://www.extremegamerz.net
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2007, 12:43:16 pm »
it's one or the other, right now there is no way for it to happen, the LR csv files change the projectiles to act like rifle bullets, and the panzers and zooks use projectiles. so you have to pick, sorry.

Offline MAYHEMCALLOFDUTY3

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2007, 04:23:09 pm »
I NEED HELP I DONT know how to  install v 2.3 mod im new at this or in other words a noob

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2007, 04:39:43 pm »
Read the PDF about 6 times ;)

Offline MAYHEMCALLOFDUTY3

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2007, 06:51:58 pm »
ok i have read it and dont know how to install it on my server

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2007, 06:58:03 pm »
PM me your server login information and I'll install it for ya

Offline Lothegard

• http://www.clan-ssl.se
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2007, 07:02:35 pm »
Go to page 13 in the PDF, follow the instructions.

Game Installation

Install Call of Duty 2. Download and apply the 1.3 patch for Windows.
A description of how to install the game is beyond the scope of this guide.

Creating the Mod Folder

In your servers COD2 installation folder, typically

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\

That is where the main folder is located, create a new directory. This will be your mod folder (AKA fs_game folder).
Try to avoid obvious folder names, like extreme, fs_game, or mod. Be creative, but keep it short and simple.

Do NOT create the mod folder IN the main folder, but next to it.
Do NOT use spaces or special characters in the folder’s name. To be on the safe side stick to the alphabet, numbers and the underscore.
In our examples we use modfolder as the mod folder. Try to avoid that one too.

Advanced Setup

Unzip the package (advanced_extremev2.3.zip) to an empty temporary folder, and copy its content to your mod folder.

Startup Shortcut

Create a shortcut to CoD2MP_s.exe on your desktop, and right-click the shortcut’s icon to open its properties. Typical path for CoD2MP_s.exe is:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\CoD2MP_s.exe

In the target field insert a quote (“) in front and behind the call to Cod2MP_s.exe, if not already there. Like this:

“C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\CoD2MP_s.exe”

Add the following parameters to the command line:

+set fs_game modfolder +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate +sv_punkbuster 1

In the examples, the command line could span two or three lines. This is due to page limitations. All command lines are ONE line.
Remember that modfolder is our example mod folder name. Replace modfolder with the name you came up with in step 5.2.

So your command line looks like this:

“C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\CoD2MP_s.exe” +set fs_game modfolder +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate +sv_punkbuster 1

Go to page 20
7 Basic Configuration
Edit the config files as you want

Offline LAPD

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2007, 02:55:35 am »
hmm. I've problem with weapon limiter and longrange sniper rifles:
when weapon limiter is turned on, all restricted weapons are not shown in menu, and is good, but sniper rifles (are limited to 2 for team) is showed like available, but not selectable.
In my mind is because second weapons like mosin_nagant_sniper_2_mp is not writen somewhere in script and menu script is left visible and clickable :(. Can you see for disabling menu show for restricted LR sniper rifles?