Author Topic: Couple of ideas  (Read 1085 times)

Offline ThePlague

Couple of ideas
« on: January 03, 2008, 12:30:04 pm »
Hi,
we have been running the x4 mod for a day or so now and these ideas are probably in the works but I will still mention them.

1. Is it possible to make claymores remain after death?
2. Can we have the option to lay tripwires (stun & frag), I miss them!
3. If number 1 is not possible can we have land mines of a fashion again pls.

I know alot of people hate the tripwires & mines in COD2 extreme, but we liked them.

Thanks

Offline Gixxer

• http://www.extremegamerz.net
Couple of ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 01:02:59 pm »
may all be possible with time, but only time will tell.

Offline ASP-SniperOne

Couple of ideas
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 01:12:02 pm »
Clay's can be left with some script however one thing to think about is all the entities that might be running if caly's are left all over the place with a big full server.  might crash it after a while.  We will have to look at it.  Maybe they can be left for a short time like a minute or something.

Offline Farcough

Couple of ideas
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 01:17:55 pm »
set scr_deleteexplosivesonspawn "0" // 0= Claymores stay after death 1= Claymores do not stay after death

If you put that in your config then you can have claymores hanging around as much as you like. But as mentioned be careful on large servers as it will get very annoying & also possibly cause crashes.

Offline ThePlague

Couple of ideas
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 03:47:32 pm »
Awesome, thanks guys!!!!

We only run a 12 slot server so it shouldnt get too jammed up.
But I take your precautions under serious advisement.

Perhaps I had better wait until it is possible to limit the amount of claymores deployed per team or per player?

I shall definately use the code provided above for when we have private games like 4 on 4 or something.

Much appreciated, Many thanks!

Offline Wrath-BRIG-

• http://dfbrigade.org
Couple of ideas
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 04:18:38 pm »
It's also helpful to have your clays stick around when respawn is not forced.  As admins, we often get called away from the action to manage some technology or assist a user.  Having the clays remain, even after I've been knifed in the face while I was AKF only to serve my fellow FPS'er could result in some seriously poetic justice.  :twisted:   Thanks the config statement  Farcough, I'll try it out ASAP.  Fortunately not many people seem to like our 32 slot tactical server so I don't have to worry about to many laying around.  LOL!  But you guys are welcome to join us anyways.  lol

-BRIG- eXtreme X4 HC|FF|Tactical
68.12.180.86:28960

http://dfbrigade.org
LTC. Wrath-BRIG-
Executive Officer