Author Topic: posted a few ideas myself  (Read 700 times)

Offline shade1968

posted a few ideas myself
« on: January 04, 2008, 09:39:23 am »
tally asked if i could post this here for mod.

just a few suggestions for the mod:
1. is there a way to turn off or edit the extreme message on lower right hand corner of hud? i think this is the right cvar set ex_mod_txt "0" but its still continues to show the message. maybe at least a way to edit it to be able to put clan site on section.

2. suggest maybe a overheat for the mounted machine guns in the game. i believe cod2 version may have had it. otherwise that gun can go forever.

3. someone made a zooming sniper scope mod for cod4, but i cant seem to find it anymore. is it possible to put it in this mod?

4. zeroy worked on the night mod. the last version  with the darkness and being able to control what maps have it was nice. is that a possible add in for this mod also? or will that be more of a toolset skybox design for maps?

as far as number 1, he mentioned that it could not be changed.

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 09:59:50 am »

in extreme\_ex_main.gsc change this:

// text logos for mod and server
   thread extreme\_ex_modinfo::main();

Into this:

// text logos for mod and server
   if(level.ex_modtext) thread extreme\_ex_modinfo::main();

After this, it will respond to the var in the cfg.
The mod info localized strings are in the fastfile, so there is no way to change them (yet).

Switching off turrets in weaponcontrol.cfg:

//******************************************************************************
// Turrets
//******************************************************************************
set ex_allow_turrets "0"  // 0 = no turrets, 1 = allow, default = 1

We will check this out.

Offline shade1968

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 09:05:21 am »
i did manage to get a zooming sniper rifle set into the extreme mod as welll as a different mod. thanks for the help!!