Author Topic: MULTIPLE ATTACHMENTS!!!  (Read 580 times)

Offline redrock

• http://easclan.org
MULTIPLE ATTACHMENTS!!!
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:08:06 pm »
I found this on the IW forums. Can anyone here find out if this is true or not plz.  If this is true can we incorporate it into the extreme mod?  Or help me incorporate it into our extreme server.

gatormarinediaz
Private

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Mod idea: adding stock guns w/ suppressors and optical sights
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:04:10 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
From my tests, there is a segment of code in the mp weapon file that says "hide tags" or "hidden tags," something to that effect.

Anyways, weapon models that can use optics or attachments can have multiple attachments if you remove the tags you want them to have. Example: start with the base M4, remove the "hide tag" for the ACOG and Silencer. Now your weapon will have both. I haven't tested this stuff outside of having the model have multiple attachments, but if you mess around with the code it should be simple to have multiple attachments in MP without modifying the models.

The only limit here is that the GL versions of each weapon are seperate models and so cant have other attachments (until you make your own), and you can only use attachments that are already available for each weapon (ie no foregrip for m16a4).