Author Topic: Setting up Server Redirect  (Read 4729 times)

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
Setting up Server Redirect
« on: March 19, 2008, 08:39:46 pm »
Download the X4 Mod ((I will use the Advanced Setup for this Tutorial)) to your Desktop.

Extract to its own folder -- usually x4_advanced

We won't get to fancy here, so I will just copy the entire folder and navigate to:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods

Paste it right in here, then double-click on x4_advanced folder you just copied over.  Should like something like this:

First thing we are going to look at is the Serverside, and I will use my computer as the example, as if I am setting up a server to run from this computer.

You will also need a usermaps folder in the 'root' COD4 directory -- here is the path:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\usermaps

If you do not have a 'usermaps' folder, just right click and make one.  We will put maps in here later.

Server Setup

You will notice by the screenshot above, all the files you unzipped for X4 are here?  Lets not forget to double check this.  I have seen a few servers that will not run because the 'extreme' folder was not uploaded, or a few '.cfg' files forgot to make there way over.

The X4 v1.0 mod will fire up and run after you set the commandline to your preferences pretty much as-is, and since this is about Redirect, we will not that this any further.

Lets look at some maps ok?  Below is a screenshot of all the maps in:

Inside one of these map folders you can see that I have both the FF's and the IWD in here aswell.  This is where the IWD's are suppose to go, unless the mapper was "NEW" to map making, they might of accidently put a script file or two in it.  That is easily fixed and we will address that at a later time.

So recapping on the file structure

We have the fs_game folder in the "mods" folder
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\x4_advanced

And we have the all the maps in the "usermaps" folder

Server.cfg Redirect settings, here is what it looks like fresh fro the download.

Code: [Select]

set sv_allowdownload "1"
seta sv_wwwDownload "1"
seta sv_wwwBaseURL "http://www.mycallofduty.com/cod4"
seta sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0"

All good to go so far?  Ok, moving on to the website redirect.  While working on v1.0 -- I set up the base_folder to be called 'cod4' -- I recommend doing something similar, so you don't confuse the COD2 server redirect with the COD4 server redirect like I did ;)

So, in www.mycallofduty.com I created a new folder called "cod4" -- then make a few new folders inside of it like this:

Now, move on inside of "mods"  Here is where you place your fs_game folder aswell.  Matching what is on your server ;)

Now upload your mod.ff and your z_x4.iwd to this new x4_advanced folder on your website

Wonderful!!!  Now, go back a few folders to this again:

Double-click on "usermaps"

Now go ahead and create your map folder here

Once created double click and upload your maps 2 FF files and 1 IWD file like so: