Author Topic: PAM5 Beta Mod Config Issues (Bolt Rifle Server)  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Hockster

PAM5 Beta Mod Config Issues (Bolt Rifle Server)
« on: December 08, 2008, 06:26:57 pm »
Joker...I see that you have a hand in helping to develop this mod?

I'm trying to create a Bolt Rifle Only server, and for some reason I can't get the config right.  When logging onto the server, its lists MOD:pam on the splash screen, but nothing actually downloads.  Is this correct?   Also, there are  No Custom Classes showing up (grayed out), with the Rifleman, Light Gunner, Heavy Gunner classes being the only option. There are no Bolt Rifles to choose from.  Last question. I don't see any settings to turn off, Martydom, Juggernaut, Last Stand in the config Is this possible?

I have included some info from my server config which I think is essential in identifying the problem.  Does anyone have any tips?  And help is MUCH appreciated.  Thanks!

//************************************************** ****************************
// Client Download Settings. (0=off/1=on) Used for MODs and custom maps
// See included Quick Setup Guide for instructions.
//************************************************** ****************************

set sv_allowdownload "1"
seta sv_wwwDownload "0"
//seta sv_wwwBaseURL "http://www.your_website.com/base_folder"
seta sv_wwwBaseURL "ftp://client:client@ftpfiles.myftp.org"
seta sv_wwwDlDisconnected "1"

//////////////////
// Weapons, Vehicles, HardPoints, and Specialty Items

// Weapons - Most are self-explanatory
set scr_weapon_allowbetty 0
set scr_weapon_allowc4 1
set scr_weapon_allowflash 1
set scr_weapon_allowfrags 1
set scr_weapon_allowmines 1
set scr_weapon_allowrpgs 0
set scr_weapon_allowsatchel 1
set scr_weapon_allowsmoke 1

// Bouncing Bettty Settings
set bettyDetonateRadius 150
set bettyTimeBeforeDetonate 0.45
set bettyUpVelocity 296

// Tabun gas settings
set poisonDuration 8
set tabun_effect_radius 150
set tabun_shock_radius 150
set tabunGasDuration 3
set tabunInitialGasShockDuration 7
set tabunWalkInGasShockDuration 4

// Flare settings
set flare_distance_scale 16
set flare_duration 8
set flare_effect_radius 400
set flareBurnOutFadeWait 0.65
set flareDisableEffects 0
set flareLookAwayFadeWait 0.45

// Perk Settings
set scr_game_perks 1 //[ 0 | 1 ] - If this is turned off, no Specialty items will be available to the players. stock=1

set perk_armorVest 100 //[ 1 | 99 ] - This is the percentage of full damage a player takes from a bullet if they have the Juggernaut specialty. Also cancels out the effect of a //player with Stopping Power, but takes normal damage in that case. stock=75

set perk_bulletDamage 40 //[ 1 | 99 ] - This is the percentage of EXTRA damage a player does above his base damage. Also cancels out the effect of Juggernaut but only //does normal damage in that case. stock=40

set perk_explosiveDamage 25 //[ 0 | 99 ] - This is the percentage of EXTRA damage a player does with explosives if they have this specialty. stock=25

set perk_fireproof 55 //[ 1 | 99 ] - This is the percentage of full damage a player takes from fire if the player has this specialty. stock=55

set perk_flakJacket 75 //[ 1 | 99 ] - This is the percentage of full damage a player takes from explosives if the player has this specialty. stock=75

set perk_flakJacketMaxDamage 75 //[ 1 | 100 ] - This is the maximum amount of damage a player with this specialty can take from a single explosion. stock=75

set player_lastStandBleedoutTime 30 //[ 0 | 999 ] - Amount of time in seconds a player will remain in Last Stand until the player dies if they have this specialty. stock=30

//////////////////
// Classes

// Class Limits
//set pam_sniper_classlimit 99
//set pam_shotgun_classlimit 99
//set pam_smg_classlimit 99
//set pam_mg_classlimit 99
//set pam_rifle_classlimit 99
//set pam_semiauto_classlimit 99

set pam_boltaction_rifles_only 2   //[ 0 | 2 ] - PAM can be set up to allow bolt-action rifles only, with or without snipers. 1 = bolt-action only, no scopes. 2 = bolt-action and //bolt-action scopes. stock=0

// Class-based Move Speed
set pam_rifles_speedscale .95 //[ 0 | 2 ] - This scales the speed that the player moves at when he is using this type of weapon. stock=.95
set pam_pistol_speedscale 1 //[ 0 | 2 ] - This scales the speed that the player moves at when he is using this type of weapon. stock=1
set pam_mg_speedscale .875 //[ 0 | 2 ] - This scales the speed that the player moves at when he is using this type of weapon. stock=.875
set pam_smg_speedscale 1 //[ 0 | 2 ] - This scales the speed that the player moves at when he is using this type of weapon. stock=1
set pam_shotgun_speedscale 1 //[ 0 | 2 ] - This scales the speed that the player moves at when he is using this type of weapon. stock=1

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
Re: PAM5 Beta Mod Config Issues (Bolt Rifle Server)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 07:05:04 pm »
If you are not getting the download from the server, then you don't have it setup correctly on the server m8.

Have your checked out the PAM mod's website yet on solutions?  www.wormsworld.net

Offline Hockster

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 09:38:58 pm »
Quote from: "{PST}*Joker";p="23080"
If you are not getting the download from the server, then you don't have it setup correctly on the server m8.

Have your checked out the PAM mod's website yet on solutions?  www.wormsworld.net

Thanks for the tip Joker. I was not aware of this site. A friend emailed me the PAM files.  I'll search there for my answers.

Offline ACIDRAIN

• http://www.arsrclan.com
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 01:35:53 am »
I have this running on my internal test server now :)

set pam_rifle_classlimit 99
set the rest to 1.  Not sure if it's needed, but I did this for safety.

set pam_boltaction_rifles_only 1
2 allows snipers as well.

That should do it for bolts only.  The rest is just gravy :)

Joker, if you have source could you compile one for snipers only?  That would be sweet.  I'd just hack the .iwd but doesn't the .ff need to be rebuilt as well?

edit:  Looks like everything is there for a .ff compile.  Can you confirm everything from the fastfile is in the .iwd as well?  If so, I already found the bolt designations and I can remove them :)