Author Topic: X4 VIP gametype  (Read 1516 times)

Offline [EDN]Triky

• http://www.extraterrestresdelanoche.com
X4 VIP gametype
« on: June 12, 2010, 04:57:50 am »
First of all, thanks for your great job developing this MODs!
I'm the server admin of the [EDN] clan and for the COD2 I created two gametypes based on the xtreme mod. The first one was not much of a success, but we enjoyed very much the "Titan VIP" gametype which was a round-based VIP with only one VIP at a time, with four times the normal life, normal weapons for him, no respawn for the defenders and the VIP not visible in the compass.
Recently we have moved to the COD4 and are using the x4v3 mod. Everything works fine, but my friends demand me to implement the Titan VIP again. The question is, are you going to implement a VIP mode for COD4 in a near future? Because starting it from scratch would be a hell of a job for me and possibly out of my reach as a noob programmer.

Keep going on!

[EDN] Triky Sensei

Offline 4peterjan4

• http://www.specialforces-clan.com
Re: X4 VIP gametype
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 06:04:56 am »
Quote from: "[EDN
Triky";p="33951"]First of all, thanks for your great job developing this MODs!
I'm the server admin of the [EDN] clan and for the COD2 I created two gametypes based on the xtreme mod. The first one was not much of a success, but we enjoyed very much the "Titan VIP" gametype which was a round-based VIP with only one VIP at a time, with four times the normal life, normal weapons for him, no respawn for the defenders and the VIP not visible in the compass.
Recently we have moved to the COD4 and are using the x4v3 mod. Everything works fine, but my friends demand me to implement the Titan VIP again. The question is, are you going to implement a VIP mode for COD4 in a near future? Because starting it from scratch would be a hell of a job for me and possibly out of my reach as a noob programmer.

Keep going on!

[EDN] Triky Sensei

Hello Triky

Are there raw files of the Titan VIP Gametype?

Maybe i could take a look at it  :wink:

Greetings PhoeniX

Offline [EDN]Triky

• http://www.extraterrestresdelanoche.com
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 08:03:29 am »
It's no big deal, I have just changed a few code lines from the existing VIP gametype.
Just a note, for the gametype to work 1 player must be named VIPEMF and other VIPBSI and they would be the VIPs throughout the game. We made it this way because we wanted the same person to be the VIP each day we played. It can be easily changed to take a VIP randomly.

Offline eltercerlugar

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 01:44:43 pm »
Gotcha Triky!!  :D

This guy is amazing. I can tell you the VIP Titan mode is great, fast gameplay, funny to see and terrify to be the VIP  :)

So please please please, if someone could develop the VIP mode for the X4 mod, will be great for all of us.

The other mode he did is the CTF RUN mode, nice to play, but wasnt so great as the VIP Titan mode  :P