Author Topic: Sound Problems  (Read 5078 times)

Offline Mooton

Re: Sound Problems
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 08:07:15 am »
Ok, if you could please m8.

Thanks

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 09:13:21 am »
Ok, for your sounds when using the COD5 Compile Tools?

In your mod.csv this is what I have ((not all of it, just a sample))

sound,extreme,,all_mp
sound,extreme/domintating.wav
sound,extreme/firstblood.wav
sound,extreme/fatality.wav
sound,extreme/fight.wav
sound,extreme/godlike.wav
sound,extreme/hallelujah.wav
sound,extreme/headshot.wav
sound,extreme/holyshit.wav
sound,extreme/humiliation.wav
sound,extreme/killingspree.wav
sound,extreme/monsterkill.wav
sound,extreme/rampage.wav
sound,extreme/roadkill.wav
sound,extreme/slaughter.wav
sound,extreme/ultrakill.wav
sound,extreme/unstoppable.wav

Offline Mooton

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 10:26:27 am »
Thanks Joker i will give that a try this weekend!  

Thanks a bunch!

Offline Mooton

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 08:08:25 pm »
GOT IT WORKING!!

Thanks alot Joker i would of never got it going without your help.

i had to go off the modwiki (LINK) as well as follow your instructions but i now have custom music for spawning etc.

A note for anyone else who struggles:

Follow Jokers instructions in this thread, for the csv i found the easiest way to do it was to copy the multiplayer.csv from root/raw/soundaliases and rename it to whatever you want.
You will see all the spawn, round win sounds etc listed in there with a path. Change one of them to the destination of your source sound files, for example i named mine ja_spawn_airfield and placed it in root/sound_assets/raw/sound/extreme and changed the path in the csv to mp_spawn_japanese,3,extreme\ja_spawn_airfield.wav. Build sounds using the mod tools and you should now have a copy of your sound in root/raw/sound/extreme, add the file to an iwd (make sure you have the correct path ofcourse ;) and upload it.

Worked a treat!

Now i just need to find the multiplayer menu music which seems to be hiding in a very well hidden spot!

Again, thanks a lot Joker!

Offline evilswine

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 05:47:53 pm »
OK! I've kind of got lost here, i want to replace  the extreme sounds with my own custom sounds. I get lost where it comes to the csv. files. Where are these files or i have to make my own? I know it's a noob question. I miss the old COd  times!! :roll:

Offline Mooton

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 06:17:24 pm »
Ok m8,

First of all your gonna need the mod tools if you dont have them already, you can get them here: http://www.modsonline.com/index.php?mod=Banners&id=84&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.modsonline.com%2F.

Once there installed you will need to open the launcher app in root/bin folder. Once open click mod builder and click on sound mod.

Ok, now go to your codwaw root/sound_assets/raw/sound, in here create a new folder name it anything, lets stick with extreme to simplify. This is where you will need to put YOUR new sounds, it is more than possible to do all your sounds at once but just try one for the moment. ;)  Make sure it is in Wav format.

Now go into root/raw/soundaliases and find a file called multiplayer.csv. Copy this and paste it somewhere, rename it to extreme.csv and put it back in the soundaliases folder. Now, open it up and you will see lots of file paths etc. Pick one (i used mp_spawn_japanese,2,Stream\Music\mp\spawn\ja_spawn_airfield.wav which is near the top under "spawn music" use this for this tut).

Change the  file path on that line so that it now looks like this: mp_spawn_japanese,3,extreme\ja_spawn_airfield.wav   then save and close.

Now copy the extreme.csv file and go to root/mods/SoundMod, (if there isnt a SoundMod folder create it) now within the soundmod folder create another folder called "soundaliases"
paste the copy of the extreme.csv file into the soundaliases folder.

Ok almost done, your sound file which you have placed in root/sound_assets/raw/sound you need to rename to ja_spawn_airfield.wav.

Now in the launcher app click the build mod tab and select Sound Mod from the drop down menu. Tick build sounds and then click on build mod. You will get a few errors but thats ok, once its done go into root/raw/sound/extreme and you should see your new sound file in here, rename it to whatever you want it to be headshot.wav, firstblood etc. and put it into the relevent place in the mp_x5.iwd file.

Upload it to your server and redirect and you should now have your custom sound. :)

As you probably guessed you could do all your sounds at once but if im honest i found it took no time at all to just do them one at a time.

Hope this helps!!!

Offline evilswine

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 08:56:56 am »
Thanx!! Will try this one out, as soon i can!!

Offline evilswine

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 10:52:12 am »
Sorry!! But it doesn't work. The modbuilder get's an error and needs to close. Maybe my wav.  files are not OK? :cry:

Offline evilswine

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 11:34:14 am »
I've read the modwiki and i think that i mess up with the custom.csv file. What would be the extreme.csv?? Anybody got it?? Thanx in advance!!

Offline Mooton

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 01:07:58 pm »
You dont need to create one m8, use the multiplayer.csv.

Read my post above again and watch for this:

"Now go into root/raw/soundaliases and find a file called multiplayer.csv. Copy this and paste it somewhere, rename it to extreme.csv and put it back in the soundaliases folder.  "

just take your time! ;)

Also, if you think it ust doesnt like your wav format try PCM signed 32bit mono, thats what i used an it worked fine.

Offline flash313

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 07:02:41 pm »
Thank you guy's this info has really been helpful.i was stumped on how to get this to work. :D  :D

Offline Mooton

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 07:04:23 pm »
np's i wud'nt of figured it out without jokers help! :)

Offline evilswine

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 10:39:00 am »
i'M going nuts on this one. I've tryed it a few times now, but always i get the window that the Modsound.exe needs to close. I've done exactly what u posted here guys, but no luck for me!!  :cry: