Author Topic: file path for custom maps and the iwd's ??????  (Read 3713 times)

Offline bill

Re: file path for custom maps and the iwd's ??????
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 09:50:33 pm »
No I  dont own one ... but i wish lol   I have two dedicated boxs from game servers.

so the app

+set fs_localAppData "C:\Gameservers\CODV209" +set fs_game mods/namechanged +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 00.00.000.000 +set net_port 28960 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec main1.cfg +map_rotate

Should it go in the all user or the guys account who set it up or the administrator account.
So for my 209 server I have got the game its self and  a mods folder and a usermaps folder

I also use fire Daemon to run them linked through services .

but had to creat a account in services to keep them running remotely during the beta erra.
also in the mods folder my mod named folder and there usermaps as well,

No in one of my clans buddies profiles he has the  documents and setting folder bla bla bla path and codwaw mod folder name and usermaps

anywho it runs but which ones are do i need and which ones can i delete,

each box has many ips with them. as you well know ,

thaks for your time, my clan as always used your stuff and you have always been nice enough to help us with it.

all my best bill.

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 11:31:14 pm »
WOW Bill LOL -- think you and I need to chat and I need access to your servers to make sense of what you are talking about.  PM or Email me please

Offline [MaNiAxE]Ricco

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 01:23:51 pm »
I have found that the only way that the custom maps load on server and don't crash the clients connecting is to have the iwd files placed loosely in the mods/mod_name folder and not in a folder called "mp_usermaps". The only draw back is a client has to download all iwd's at once with the mod ff. and iwd files. This can cause clients to crash downloading so many files back to back if you run alot of custom maps.

Has anyone else run into this? Any thoughts to fix it?

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 02:08:33 pm »
Ricco -- pretty much posted all over these forums and the internet actually that map IWD's must be in the fs_game folder.  

The downloading of dozens of IWDs to our clients -- well yes, that SUCKS for them and will drive away traffic, but what I am waiting for, in the Server Crashing with Info String Exceeded errors