Author Topic: eXtreme+ Donation Subscription?  (Read 3833 times)

Offline 69HADES

Re: eXtreme+ Donation Subscription?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 02:39:51 am »
I think the Idea is great one, having members subscribe to get prilages. The eXtreme website site has users from all over the world, I and a lot of info with regard to mods is given freely and taken freely. Might this not be lost by doing this?

The next thing would be, USD exchange rate. It can be that 10 USD is equal to USD 300 in an another country.

Dont get me wrong, iam all for paying a subscription, please look at the price.

I would say USD 5

Offline PvtWhoOkid

• http://www.tya-clan.com
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 03:05:41 am »
People who don't donate don't loose anything. Everything is going to stay the same only thing different is those who donate have more access then what they did, those who don't still have the access they have now.

People can download what they want, 5,10,15 it's all good!  If you can't then that's fine too it's not required! Stay in line guys just support what joker.

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 05:10:30 pm »
A very good friend and I had a nice long chat about this today and here is what we are going to do :)

No subscriber thingy
No more ad's ((after the current ones expire or the sponsors pull their sponsorship))
No more talk about Donations -- if you want to, and can, GREAT, if not, so what!!!  :)

We should go back to the good ole days of doing ALL of this for F U N in our spare time and for the love of the game :)

On our end, we are going to cut un-needed servers, un-used Voice servers, and cut costs on webhosting to only what we need so that we can focus ONLY on the mod and supporting it for all of you guys/gals

Thanks for everyone that participated in this discussion.  I think the above results are going to be great ones for everyone here on this site

Offline Gorilla

• http://www.zone-infograph.net
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 06:42:16 pm »
Quote from: "{PST}*Joker";p="25263"
We should go back to the good ole days of doing ALL of this for F U N in our spare time and for the love of the game :)
It's a good choice ;)

Quote from: "{PST}*Joker";p="25263"
On our end, we are going to cut un-needed servers, un-used Voice servers
I have three servers:
- COD4 servers games: one X4 tactical and one X4 Sniper only
- COD5 server games: one X5 tactical

If you are interested, I can lend you the COD4 Sniper Only server that you can configure according to your needs in order to conduct test.
It is understood that I do not ask you nothing in return.
Let's say this is my contribution. :wink:

If you need, contact me so that I can give you access to ftp server game etc ...  :wink:

Offline =XTF=SgtCroker

• http://www.xtforce.com
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 06:45:20 pm »
hey joker old friend,

i have an idea that may help out a little.  why not use some of the resources out in the community for server space.  i know for one that we could give you a slot on the server we have for testing and i would imagine that there may be several others out there with the same options..  we also have a website with a lot of space and unlimited bandwith so i can see no reason not to be able to do some sub-domains for no charge.  please get back to me if this is an option.  

you and the team do so many things for us why cant we give back in a way that does not cost anyone any more money?

thanks again to you joker and the mod team for everything you have done for the community and some personal stuff for our team.  i think we can be there when you need us for something that does not require modding or mapping skills.