Author Topic: Mod Help. Making/Importing portable Minigun for SinglePlayer  (Read 2588 times)

Offline mag00n

Mod Help. Making/Importing portable Minigun for SinglePlayer
« on: February 02, 2009, 07:46:47 pm »
Im wondering if its possible to make the minigun in Single Player portable? (handheld)
Or if not, is there a way to mod an alternate gun that is already in my inventory to act & fire like the minigun?
Here are the things Ive tried/done so far:

*Ive looked around in the minigun IWD files but nothing jumps out that would designate it fixed only.. Is this set in the Raw files?

*I havent really looked into moding raw files yet if thats what it would take, if so does anyone have a good tut on modding Raw files?

*I have latest patch, and mod tools. Is there something else I would need to compile a mod like this?

* I did a bit of tinkering with the minigun's .IWD file last night trying to zero in on a way to make it portable with no success. 99% of the time the game would crash while loading the level it is in if I change "weapon_type", change "/stance", or remove the "Player_Press_[HOME]_To_Use" & the Drop one as well.

*I backed up my saw.iwd weapon file and edited the original to load all the minigun stats. Sounds, FX, and weapon damage settings. I kept the movement settings of the saw since this is what I am trying to obtain with the minigun. (maneuverability) Again, game crashed during loading of any level that the saw was available in.

*Inside the Minigun .iwd I am wondering if the line "WeaponType/turret/" can be changed to "weapontype/mg/" without changing the weapons raw file as well?

*I read a tut on importing weapon models via Maya, with which I have a few questions to ask.
1) I have 3d's Max which is also an Autodesk software, can I use this instead of maya to create an .xmodel_export?
2) Is there a way to use an existing weapons configs (weapon settings, asset file, fx, image, xmodel) to make a carryable minigun instead of building one from scratch in 3ds max?
3) The import weapons tut only describes a way to import to MP, is there a way to import a weapon into Single Player?
>>The tut that I read was located here: www(dot)modsonline(dot)com/Tutorials-read-471(dot)html

-Also wondering if modifying the minigun weapon settings in ../Projectile_weapons would be playable? Or does it have to be done via mod builder?

I am still stuck and may be doing this completely wrong so this is why I ask for help! Again, any real help would be appreciated. Actually, if there is a tutorial for creating a weapon in single player that google cant seem to find that would be the best, but im not holding my breath  :wink:

ps- I do have the Mod tools, and the latest game patch.. and 3Ds Max.

Thanks
-g00n

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
Re: Mod Help. Making/Importing portable Minigun for SinglePl
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:52:59 pm »
The Minigun in place of the Turrets are already something that we have done and will be included in X4v3.0 when we are done and release