Author Topic: COD WAW sniper rifles (projectile) having issues with trees?  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Imppy

COD WAW sniper rifles (projectile) having issues with trees?
« on: February 18, 2009, 04:19:05 pm »
Has anyone else experianced problems with any of the weapons set to have long range (via projectile setting) having trouble with not being able to shoot through things like trees, brush ect?

Is this a problem with map-makers making maps incorrectly, or did Treyarch screw up the tree models so every single leaf now can stop a projectile?  In COD4 if someone is laying in the grass or behind tree leaves I can shoot them... not so in WaW...

Someone so needs to fix the bullet maps so we can get longer range with the bullet settings, with both games.  (I've tried, but am way too inexperianced to figure it out)

Thanks,

- *[USL]* Imppy

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
Re: COD WAW sniper rifles (projectile) having issues with tr
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 05:24:53 pm »
The LR rifles have all the same issues as the ones in COD4, and COD2, CODUO

The developers set the bullet limitation, and we are working around that.  There are going to be a few things we don't like

Offline Imppy

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:39:11 pm »
Quote from: "{PST}*Joker";p="25602"
The LR rifles have all the same issues as the ones in COD4, and COD2, CODUO
The developers set the bullet limitation, and we are working around that.  There are going to be a few things we don't like

True...
Ya know, we should write our own game :)  might even be less work !

Main reason I was posting was about undergrowth and leaves stopping "projectile" bullets.  We have been using the LR rifles since the beginning in cod4 and they rock, to find that foliage objects like grass/treeleaves (not the trunks of course)  are stopping bullets in cod5 is a bit of a suprise.  Wondering if this is a problem of maps (and people realy just getting into making cod5 maps) or has something changed at the model level by treyarch that has thrown everyone for a loop.

Or if, of course, I'm the only one having complaints of foliage preventing people from getting shot

-Imppy

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 07:52:18 pm »
we should write our own game

PST clan has been discussing it for a few weeks now ;)

Offline tcbuster

• http://www.thecompanyhub.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 09:12:31 pm »
I wonder if setting the rifles to allow for Armor piercing capabilities would help.

I may give this a test in the morning. Will pass on results. However it would be a catch 22. No hiding behind barrels anymore so probably not worth the effort of trying out... There may be something else I can look at.

Since its a projectile I may be able to play with the bounce settings. Hmmm peaking my curiosity.

Offline Imppy

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 11:12:49 pm »
Quote from: "tcbuster";p="25620"
I wonder if setting the rifles to allow for Armor piercing capabilities would help.

Is there a special code for making projectiles armor piercing?  
I have not seen any difference with projectile weapons if I set armorPiercing to 1 instead of 0.

I've tried every setting with COD4 to get the barret both long range and have appropriate penetration... been stumped the whole time

Speaking of which, I need to adjust the run speed for it...  got to have penalties for something that shoots that hard :)

Thanks all for your replies :)

- *[USL]* Imppy

Offline DVTDS

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 12:53:07 pm »
I have the 50 cal in cod 4 set to long range and armor peircing, have very few issues with trees and such blocking shots.

in your iwd weapon control file for the weapon  make sure you have  fightDist\9999 maxDist\9999 maxDamageRange\9999 minDamageRange\9999 and armorpiercing\1   set.  You will still find a few HUGE maps that will give you trouble with distance shots but for the most part this solved the issue for us.

make sure only set these values for weapons that you want to be long range and one shot kill weapons.

hope this helps you out some.

Offline SiCDude4Him

• http://www.thunderinglegionclan.com
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 06:52:08 pm »
This was helpful, thanks.

How do you get the quake sounds headshot sound to work? I noticed it will work with "bullet" but no sound once changed to "projectile".