Author Topic: Duplicate qport error  (Read 4693 times)

Offline Slamman

Duplicate qport error
« on: February 19, 2009, 10:29:44 pm »
Hello there fellow gamers.  I do a lot more searching and reading than I do posting, obviously, but  I have come across one that I cannot find an answer to.  Duplicate qport error.  Example, several regulars in a gameserver.com COD5 custom map server have problems when the match ends, map rotates and they get a duplicate qport error.  They can shut down the game completely, but the game still thinks they are in game (playing, downloading...).  When they try to get back in, they encounter this qport error because the server already see them in the game.  Solution is to kick the ghost player out and the regular player comes in.  This doesn't work very well for the non-regular players.  Meanwhile, other players are already in the game playing.  Sometimes the guys get this issue when they have to download from a working redirect (.iwd files in the mods folder and .ff in the usermaps folder)  or maybe their game crashed and they try to come back in.  Some reason the game is not releasing them.  Not sure what to do about this, any ideas?

Offline stufz

• http://theblackduck.net
Re: Duplicate qport error
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 10:34:59 pm »
thats the only fix i know of. apart from quitting the game and waiting until the server that holds your query port hostage lets it go. Use rcon in console or an external rcon program to kick those on your server. Be vigilant !

Offline Cerberos

• http://PiratesOfWar.Com
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 10:36:23 pm »
That's it.  Either wait for it to time out or have an admin kick the player.  

I haven't seen any other useful answers.

Offline Slamman

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:42:47 pm »
I wonder if there is any way of shortening the time the server holds a non-responsive player.  This may affect the players with connection interrupous as well though.  Thanks for your posts guys, really appreciate it.

Maybe someone will run across this and help out.   :wink:

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 11:00:23 pm »
Quote from: "Cerberos";p="25694"
That's it.  Either wait for it to time out or have an admin kick the player.  

I haven't seen any other useful answers.

That is the ONLY useful answer m8

@Slamman -- might want to try shortening the time of these values in your server.cfg

set sv_timeout "900"

Make sure this is on

set sv_zombietime "1"

Offline Slamman

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 05:08:04 pm »
Thanks Joker for your info...I checked and mine is set a bit lower:
// Drop inactive players
//******************************************************************************
set sv_timeout "600"
set sv_zombietime "1"
set g_inactivity "0"
set g_inactivityspectator "0"

I will adjust it to 900 as suggested, or is lower ok?  Also, I wonder what is causing it as it happens alot.  Could it possibly be a map that is bad?

Offline Slamman

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 07:15:20 pm »
OK, doing a little testing and found that if I set this to

set sv_connectTimeout "10"

And this to this

set sv_timeout "900"

then folks are not hung up in the server.  I have been playing with like 10 peeps for over an hour and I have not seen any issues except if I go to my desk top (ctl, alt delete) then I get timed out after 10 secs.  i can live with that better then the other.  
Any other issues or surprises I may want to know?

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 07:55:38 pm »
Sounds all good