Author Topic: I need Commandline Help!!!  (Read 1675 times)

Offline 69HADES

I need Commandline Help!!!
« on: February 24, 2009, 11:17:02 am »
It’s always been a pleasure setting up any eXtreme Mod from when I started with COD2 2 years ago and COD4 when it was released. I’ve always been able to figure out a command line whether it’s for a Listen, Lan or Dedicated Gaming Server. But this has given me a headache.
I’ve read a few of the threads, which discuss the command lines for W@W and read the quick install manual that came with the COD_X5. I’ve had no success.

Question 1: Should the COD_X5 mod be placed in: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaW\mods. If it’s placed in that location, is it the only location?

Question 2:  I need to set up Listen server so that I can test the mod and make changes before I upload it to the server, what would the command line look like?

This the one I used: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaW\mods "  +set fs_game mods/mymod +set dedicated 0 +set net_ip x.x.x.x +set net_port 28964 +set sv_maxclients 10 +set sv_punkbuster "0" +exec server.cfg +map_rotate
I may add that I have more than 1 HD and that COD W@W is installed on my G:\ Drive, could this be a problem.

Question 3: Is this command line for a Gaming server correct?

+set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 8.9.11.136 +set net_port 28934 +set sv_maxclients 24 +set ui_maxclients 24 +exec server. cfg C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaW\mods +set fs_localAppData +set fs_game mods/csc_x5 +set sv_punkbuster 1 + set fs ignoreLocalized 1 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate
I really feel Noob, it’s laughable.

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
Re: I need Commandline Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 12:31:19 pm »
WOW, really messed that up huh? *LMAO* Just kidding.

Ok, here is what I would do :P

You have CODWaW installed on your G:\ drive -- no problem.  Create a new folder on your G:\ drive.

G:\COD5Server

Now, go to your CODWaW install, and copy it all from and paste into COD5Server folder.

G:\COD5Server should now have the following folders:
main
miles
pb
zone
And of course, some EXE and DLL files, etc, etc.

Make your Mods folder like so:
G:\COD5Server\mods

Then make your fs_game folder like so:
G:\COD5Server\mods\mp_x5

Install the mod there :)

Now your commandline
+set fs_localAppData G:\COD5Server +set fs_game mods/mp_x5 +exec server.cfg +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 1.2.3.4 +set net_port 28960 +set ui_maxclients 32 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +map_rotate

See how easy that is? LOL

Now, I also removed ALOT of junk from your commandline, it is not needed really, most of what you had in there, was already handled by the server.cfg

Local App Data refers to the ROOT of the CODWaW install for your server
FS Game -- well we all know what that is for, points to your MOD
EXEC -- executes the MAIN config file for your mod/server
Dedicated 2 -- is for an "Internet Server"
NET IP -- When creating a HOME server, you must use the static ip that is on your computer NOT your ISP
NET PORT -- of course, the port you want to use
UI MAXCLIENTS -- is ONLY needed if you want to have a server with MORE then 32 slots -- max 64 ((Remember, the game is NOT made for anymore then 32 slots))
SV PUNKBUSTER -- 0 = off 1 = on
MAP ROTATE -- is to kick off the server with a map in your rotation

I hope that helps HADES :)

Offline 69HADES

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 02:08:40 pm »
Thx Joker: P, works.

U Da Man!!!

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 02:11:20 pm »