Author Topic: X5 : eXtreme World Warfare v2.0 Support  (Read 32746 times)

Offline Copper-Head

Re: X5 : eXtreme World Warfare v2.0 Support
« Reply #195 on: May 30, 2009, 07:11:09 am »
Wow

Something must be really wrong, first time in a few years that our message stay that long in the forum without any answer...........

Joker you are mist SIR.

Copper-Head

Offline Slamman

« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2009, 01:32:57 pm »
I do not think anything is wrong so to say.  Joker DID say he had a lot of things going on at the moment and would be looking through the postings.  He may have read yours and saw someone replied.  You had not posted after that so maybe you had figured it out.  I believe that Lothegard answered part D of your post leaving A,B and C.  Try posting it again and see what happens.

Offline powerbits

• http://www.powerbits.be
« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2009, 03:30:06 am »
I gues conclusion is too hold on too version 1 , personaly I dont need the benifits of version 2 and i realy wonder is there is time for version 3 with the bomb..
Well we still think you guys have the best mod anyway.

Offline powerbits

« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2009, 05:33:53 am »
so is this post DEAD?

Offline Copper-Head

« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2009, 05:44:10 am »
Yea

I quess eXtreme mod for COD5 is dead as well.....

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2009, 11:55:56 am »
Well, since you guys have already made up your minds and have made the desicion for the Crew............................

I have told most of you, and I believe posted somewhere, that Chiblue has picked it up and is running with it to fix the issues.  Which means ALOT of recoding.  But that is ok, you guys think it is dead, then I'll tell Chiblue to stop ;)

Assumption is the Mother of all F****ups guys :P

Offline Copper-Head

« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2009, 12:58:12 pm »
Hey thanks Joker

You have to agree with us here, that those tread use to be a lot more alive then it is right now.......... a little update once in a while like you use to do, remember you even post picture just to tease us, will prevent assumption i quess....

We all know you guys are doing coding on your free time when you have some....... just a little update will do the job...

Thanks

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2009, 01:01:10 pm »
You're right m8 :)

Offline skapmoney

« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2009, 09:27:07 pm »
Hi All,

First and foremost thank you to the team here at PST and anyone that contributed to the creation of X5!  We at {SKA} have nothing but great things to say about the mod and as with any complex piece of technology there are going to be teething problems :)  

We love the mod and will do anything we can to help with positive feedback or observations that will help the folks that were kind enough to provide us with such a masterpiece get the kinks worked out.   :)  

I cant say I have seen any images of what is being seen on a players  console when we see Connection Interrupts on the Loadouts and thought this might be some what useful to those having to work on these issues.  I hope this helps and please forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere in the thread.  :D

64.27.24.135:28970 {SKA}Extreme Sniper Server

To add a bit more detail on the environment at the time,

-Running an x5 mod with custom  split screen sniper maps  all posted as working well with X5 by Joker

-we have from about 2 players and up in the server at the time.

-running "The Company" Custom Sniper Rifle Weapons Mod

-Team Deathmatch game type

-limited weapons classes to the 4 rifles available in The Company Mod within the map rotation config and also weapons contol config.

-The interrupts occur not only upon a player joining but upon map rotation as well.

-I have noticed that when the load outs take more than about 10 seconds or so the moment you select the class it causes the connection interrupt and the console message below.    Based on what I experienced the item "unknown UI execnow in block" is what is displayed at the time of interrupt.

Again, we hope this helps in some way and we appreciate the time, effort and creativity put into what has brought new life to COD WAW for all of us at {SKA}  and im sure many more :)

-P

Offline powerbits

« Reply #204 on: July 13, 2009, 07:48:39 am »
Can I ask, wat will the next version be of X5

will the big bom be there or is it not possible?

Also can we disable the load screen in any way?

Are there fixes for those who want to stick with version 1 ?

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

« Reply #205 on: July 13, 2009, 08:41:39 am »
Our biggest focus in X5v3.0 will be the complete fix for the custom loudout problems (which means a total re-write) -- This has and will take some time.

We do have a todo list for other fixes, changes, and additions

Disable what load screen?

Offline powerbits

« Reply #206 on: July 13, 2009, 09:00:26 am »
actually i meant the customs loadout  :)

would you advice people to still use xtreme version 1.0 or are is that not recomended?

For us we use basic features of xtreme, for example no medikit , no chutes,basic loadout,  but we like the little additional things like the bullet holes, blood spatter, anouncements of 5minutes, 2 minutes...

But is version 1 still recomended according to you guys to work with patch 1.4?

Thats wat i would like to know

Offline Mooton

« Reply #207 on: July 13, 2009, 10:20:22 am »
I run X5 v1 at the moment due to the facts with V2 we suffer badly with hanging on the loadout screen (this is the only reason we have had to stay on v1).

I have had no issues with v1 and patch 1.4, it works like a charm so i cannot see you having any problems m8.

Offline powerbits

« Reply #208 on: July 13, 2009, 06:26:38 pm »
thanks for you feedback

Sometimes i do have a error message on loading new maps: 'exceptional error' or something like that.
But i suppose that is more the map.

For older maps who need  iwd in mod map, you guys place that in xtreme map?

Offline Mooton

« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2009, 02:48:58 am »
Unsure what ur asking there m8.

Do u mean does the map iwd file go into the mod folder?

If so, only place the map iwd file in mods folder if your server is Linux. If your server is Windows place the map iwd file in the map folder with the ff files.

If thats not what u mean could you be a bit more specific plz?  :)

As for crashing on new maps, i take it you mean u get the error "unhandled exception caught"? this is down to the game being buggy and crashing sometimes when you dont have a map that the server changes to. On reconnect you dl the map okay, this also seems to happen when a map has been updated and you have the "older" version. Nothing mappers or modders can do i think its just down to the game, i have heard though that treyarch have fixed this for patch 1.5. However whether they have and whether there will be new bugs we will have to wait and see.