Author Topic: Can't read server.cfg  (Read 3207 times)

Offline TwoGun

Can't read server.cfg
« on: June 04, 2009, 10:44:35 pm »
Hey guys, I'm working on getting a CoD5 server going.  Looked very much in line with other mods.  But when I launch the game, it just launches as a non modded server.  If I can get the console stopped while its loading it will say that it cannot read the server.cfg file.  I kept thinking I had a typo in the path or something but I cannot find such a thing.  Here is what my start up line looks like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\CoDWaWmp.exe" +set fs_game mods\ WW_X5 +exec server.cfg +set dedicated 2 +map_rotate

Here is what I can catch if I stop the console at the start up:
"error - couldn't execute server.cfg"

And here is what is in the games_mp:

\fs_game\Mods/WW_X5\fxfrustumCutoff\1000\g_compassShowEnemies\0\g_gametype\tdm\gamename\Call of Duty: World at War\mapname\mp_airfield\penetrationCount\5\protocol\97\shortversion\1\sv_allowAnonymous\0\sv_disableClientConsole\0\sv_floodprotect\4\sv_hostname\CoDWaWHost\sv_maxclients\24\sv_maxPing\0\sv_maxRate\5000\sv_minPing\0\sv_privateClients\0\sv_punkbuster\1\sv_pure\1\sv_voice\0\ui_maxclients\32\g_logTimeStampInSeconds\1
1244172246 ShutdownGame:

You ccan see by things like the sv_hostname\CoDWaWHost that it is not utilizing the server.cfg at all since my host name is set to Twoguns Battleground.

I downloaded the mod file again from this site thinking that somehow my server.cfg was corrupted.  I changed on my server name and I still get the same thing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
Re: Can't read server.cfg
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 08:43:42 am »
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\CoDWaWmp.exe" +set fs_game mods\ WW_X5 +exec server.cfg +set dedicated 2 +map_rotate

Your commandline is missing the fs_localAppData folder buddy.  With each X5 release post in the forums, I included examples of commandlines.  Check those out

Offline TwoGun

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 04:04:15 pm »
Well  I'll look for it.  What I was going off of was the X5_Extreme_V2.0 Quick Setup Guide and the examples looked lke this:

C:\Program Files\ Activision\Call of Duty World at War\ CoDWaWmp.exe” +set fs_game mods/modfolder +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate +set sv_punkbuster 1

Not really anything about a fs_localAppsData folder there.  Maybe I didn't look far enough into the guide.

Thanks

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 04:47:55 pm »
To start a server in CODWaW the +set fs_localAppData in the commandline is required

Offline TwoGun

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 06:13:51 pm »
I guess I still need more information.  My startup commnad line lools like this now:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\CoDWaWmp.exe" +set fs_game mods\ WW_X5 +exec server.cfg +set dedicated 2 +set fs_localAppData +map_rotate

And It still gives the same error, and the same response.

What is the fs_localAppData commnad?  Does it refer to another file I don't have perhaps?

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 06:21:02 pm »
Ok ok, I see we are not communicating very well LOL

You are doing a CoDWaW server on your home computer -- so, watch this Video - I explain how to setup a CODWW server on your computer and go into detail about the commandline ;)

Click this BIG link LOL
http://www.livestream.com/pstjokers/ondemand/pla_8748778378511571349?initthumburl=http://mogulus-user-files.s3.amazonaws.com/chv2pstjokers/2009/04/29/a7c0f896-3147-4468-9cc7-599180d2d78c_360.jpg&playeraspectwidth=4&playeraspectheight=3

Offline TwoGun

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 06:58:45 pm »
Wow!  You sure do it differently than I did CoD2 or CoD4 which both work great for me.  Maybe because I run the game on a completely different PC than I run the server on?

Anyway that did give me enough info to get the server launched, but when I attempt to connect I get filesum/name mismatch error in the game.  I'm not sure what that is but I'll attempt to figure it out.

Thanks for you help.

Offline TwoGun

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 07:23:49 pm »
Well that was not what I thought it was.  But here is what the section of the console_mp log looks like when I attempt to connect:

DEDICATED SERVER: Responding to client challenge request
SERVER: Adjusted client ping by 390 ms to 10 ms
Client 0 connecting with 10 challenge ping from 192.168.1.2:28960
Not a lan address!
Got IV 2090605165 from client!
Decrypted authticket for client OK!
License type is 0
UserID is 971554a4c1a7b78d
LicenseID is a88ff18f6d065e34
Server: Set client 0 pbguid to 1829133876
Going from CS_FREE to CS_CONNECTED for  (num 0 guid 1829133876)
Received packet 0 of stats data
Received packet 1 of stats data
Received packet 2 of stats data
Received packet 3 of stats data
Received packet 4 of stats data
Received packet 5 of stats data
Received packet 6 of stats data
--
DynEnt_WriteGameState wrote 2 bytes
--
G_FreeEntity: Player 0 is being freed.
0:TwoGun45 EXE_DISCONNECTED
Server: Updating session (180050ms)
....Server: Session updated
      dvar set sv_dwlsgerror 0
Hitch warning: 767 msec frame time
quitting...

The line about it not being a LAN address is a bit cofusing since that is exactly what it is.

Is this a software key problem?

Offline TwoGun

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 11:43:27 pm »
Here I go again.  I was unable to get past the file sum/name mismatch error.  So I watched you video again, created a new folder and copied everything to it and made a new batch file to launch the game.  The commnad line in the batch file looks like this:

CODWAWMP.EXE +fs_localAppData "C:\COD5" +set fs_game mods\ww_x5 +exec server.cfg +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 192.168.1.37 +set net_port 28961 +set sv_punkbuster 0 +map_rotate

It launced the game but it again states that it cannot execute server.cfg.   What the heck am I doing wrong???  I also tried "C:\COD5\" as well as without the "/" but it made no difference.

Sorry to be such a pain but I just can't seem to figure out what exactly I'm not getting correct.

Thanks for any help.

Offline Lothegard

• http://www.clan-ssl.se
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 03:14:30 am »
+set fs_game mods\ww_x5 should be +set fs_game mods/ww_x5

Offline TwoGun

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 09:57:46 am »
Sorry but that made no difference to it.  I had tried that earlier and I tried it again after I read  your post.  It still refuses to read the server.cfg file.

Thanks,

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 11:18:09 am »
+set fs_localAppData "C:\COD5"

Offline TwoGun

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 11:54:49 am »
Yep that was it.  I still have some bugs to work out but one was driving me nuts.  A bit different from CoD2 and CoD4.

Thanks for you help!

Offline kerm007

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 04:31:45 am »
im having the same issue and my server is a windows 2003 server

here the startup setting that i have

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\CoDWaWmp.exe" +set fs_game mods/bloody +set dedicated 2 +set sv_punkbuster 0 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate

Thanks

Offline Lothegard

• http://www.clan-ssl.se
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 08:05:23 am »
Look at PatmanSan two post above yours and you get the resolution