Author Topic: Custom maps  (Read 2031 times)

Offline {SKA}Lightning

Custom maps
« on: June 13, 2009, 11:44:04 pm »
we are running the new x5 v2. we had done all the nessacery things to run a custom map because we have 1 running, however when we load up a few other maps we can an error

1Error: Can't find map "mp_fr_farm_2".
         A mod is required for custom maps

can we please get some help with this

thanks.

Offline spike-sham69

Re: Custom maps
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 03:11:43 am »
I suspect if people can help, they will ask you to post your command line and the file structure of where your maps are stored.  I don't recognise that map so am not aware of any issues with it.

This is ours we have 14 custom maps running fine (ours is on a dedicated server), you haven't mentioned what yours is?

+set dedicated 2 +set net_ip xxx.xx.xx.xxx +set net_port xxxxx +set sv_maxclients 32 +set ui_maxclients 32 +exec server.cfg +set fs_localAppData c:\xxgames\dvdf\GameServers\TC61266454072277123275740\ +set fs_game mods/your mod name+set sv_punkbuster +map_rotate

xxx being your IP and Port No.

For a message such as the one you posted it can't be seeing the MOD, which leaves me to think your file structure isn't right or the command line is suspect, don't know how you would have had one working though, as if one works, assuming the map is good, then all should work.

Look through the forums there are quite a few posts about command lines, if your command line is good, try a map like  mp_matmata or mp_blood_island, i know this works with V1 & V2 and our server has these two on running ok.

Offline {SKA}Lightning

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 03:55:40 am »
our file structure is good, we now have about 6 maps running. still getting the error on a few maps. we deleted everything on our file structure and remade it. so we are good for now but would like to get more running. thanks for your help

Offline stufz

• http://theblackduck.net
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 02:06:49 pm »
1Error: Can't find map "mp_fr_farm_2".
        A mod is required for custom maps

that simply means that that map is NOT on your gameserver.  You sure its named correctly in the maprotation ?
Hmm, ive got that map.

Offline {SKA}Lightning

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 12:22:26 am »
yes we have it right we got that map to work now just not others but im sure we can fix it thanks for your help