Author Topic: Claymore Team Icon *.iwi files...  (Read 2285 times)

Offline {OCS}MasterSeal

Claymore Team Icon *.iwi files...
« on: September 30, 2009, 09:26:51 am »
Hello all. thanks for being here and for being so generous to the gaming community with all your talents. I do have one simple question I'm hoping you can help me with and I'll of course be as specific as possible please forgive if I'm TOO specific:) I sometimes have a problem with thaT:) ok here goes...

I'm making my own mod for COD4. I'm wanting to change the

TEAM ICON's that hover over PLANTED CLAYMORES  but I'm having a heck of a time figuring out which .iwi's I need from the original game .iwd's and not only that but I can't remember if I can just re-create the files using the same name, but package them into my finished MOD's .iwd...and they'll over-write the original game ones without having to make the .iwi reference file...could someone please help me on this. ? I'd seriously appreciate it because I'm probably just missing the simplicity of this problem by over-thinking it:)

I'd appreciate the names of all the required team icon .iwi shaders/textures etc. for these claymore team icons if possible:) I'm having again a heck of a time finding them

also if you guys know if I can just take said Xteamclaymoreicon.iwi  from the original game .IWD, then remake it from a .DDS using the correct mip-mapping and file compression, and then put the NEW version of the Xteamclaymoreicon.iwi after conversion into my new MOD's IWD.. and it will replace the stock game one without adding a reference in the mod.ff to it?

thanks all I DEFINITELY appreciate your help.

...Seal...

Offline 105HolyMoly

• http://holymolymods.com
Re: Claymore Team Icon *.iwi files...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 09:46:50 am »
:)  I can't remember exactly but they begin with faction_128_arab_ gold and so on................... Some of the faction ones are the logos in the menu also! Just change the icon photo and leave the name as is. Place the iwi's in your mod iwd in the images folder and your done!

Fred

Offline {OCS}MasterSeal

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 10:15:38 am »
Thank you SO much for that!!! I can handle the REST!!! ok.. so where do I make a donation...you just created what I call a "stress valve" now all I need to do is find out which .iwd they're in.:)

THANK YOU!!...

...Seal...

Update[/color

I thought that a thumbsup icon with "your team" over the claymores and team members heads would be more appropriate and almost kinda a TF2 theme. thanks for your help in finding those iwi's. they were in iw_01.iwd  :) THANKS AGAIN!!

Offline 105HolyMoly

• http://holymolymods.com
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 07:49:20 pm »
:lol:  NP........................... I take anything but a cheque! :mrgreen:

Fred