Author Topic: MW2: A new begining?  (Read 17932 times)

Offline 0Gravity

Re: MW2: A new begining?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 05:10:04 pm »
Yea....A new beginning to a NEW TITLE....I will not be buying this crippled down POS software for an additional $10! PreOrder Cancelled, and I will be looking for a New FPS Title to play and put on our Clans server ANY SUGGESTIONS?  For now I will stick to it's predecessor COD4!

Offline 69HADES

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 06:42:31 am »
Chiblue & eXtreme Thx for all the work that u guys have done for the X5 and the COD Series.

We app it !!!

Offline ToKu

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 04:06:58 pm »
I wonder if this is due to too many preorder cancellations...

Come on! a hummer and a motorcycle and more??!?!?!  How much bucks are they losing???

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 08:16:16 pm »
LOL

Offline ussrmyjunk

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 09:24:03 pm »
Mod creators always come up with new things to add to the game.

Typical example .... Xtreme came up with the C130 .... uhmmm .... MW2 now has the same concept.  Wonder where they got that idea???

:evil:  :evil:

Offline Overkill

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 10:46:46 pm »
Well to be honest I've played games with vac and it sucks more then pb does,,easyer to hack and use cheats ,,
 So how this is better i dont know but we will see

Offline bhcmax

• http://www.bhc-rangers.com
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 03:30:58 am »
If iw's decision is final, it will be a sad day, however,lets hope with poor pc version sales, a compromise can be found and maybe a patch allowing for dedi servers will come out.
but until such times, i wont be buying mw2
also
maybe joker and some of the other modders can come up with a cod4 - mw2 sim, if iw dont change their minds, i would gladly pay them for the files,
if it meant i could run my own mw2 type server..
after all, x4 is pretty dang close to it , with the gunship etc..
if iw cant give us mw2 properly i hope xtreme crew can :)

Offline Boondocks

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 12:25:26 pm »
What? No Base Assault?  LOL
I've been Doing COD since the beginning, Still play with the same group of guys (not a clan) and we griped about changes with each new version that came out. I really appreciate
all that Joker & Extreme have done for the community by making a good game great. Just like the last version, I will get the next version and decide for myself as to the merit of change.
I don't agree with IW not being up front before taking  pre-orders, but I've been screwed before. Thanks Joker for the touch of optomism and your right, we can always go back to
the earlier versions.

Offline Overkill

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 04:39:20 am »
Well as of right now with over 147,000 players signed up in protest ,,they will loss more then $9 million in sales ,,if all don't buy this game,
 We all need every one support on this ,,DO NOT BUY IT ..
This will put one hell of a hurt on them,
 Any company that losses this much in sales ,,heads will roll,
Right now it looks as if the protest keeps going ,,they could loss up to as much as $20 million on this game ,
 Not counting the bad promo they are getting,
And Joker and all the rest of you need this support as well as all dedicated server owners,
 Help us out sign up, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME ,

Again thanks Joker
and thank you to all that have and will support all of us in this protest,

Offline Slamman

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 06:39:13 am »
Yes, this is ashame.  On one hand, I can see their attempt to put a dent in the number of folks that need the assistance of an aimbot or something.  But it seems like a bit overboard to take the control out of the modders and map makers.  They could host their matches, but the fact that they could share makes me believe it is a cash deal as well.

And I will not be buying it as well until this is fixed!

Offline Chiblue

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 12:28:15 pm »
Quote from: "ussrmyjunk";p="30732"
Mod creators always come up with new things to add to the game.

Typical example .... Xtreme came up with the C130 .... uhmmm .... MW2 now has the same concept.  Wonder where they got that idea???

:evil:  :evil:

I am sure that you will be seeing many, many concepts from eXtreme and openwarfare appearing in retail updates to MW2,  I can tell you all that all the IW has to do is visit X5, X4,  OW, AWE sites download the code and now that simply have to integrate this code into MW2...  having converted much of the X4 to X5 I can tell you it's not that complex only messy part is the different weapons, perks etc... but for someone like IW doing this will be a minor inconvenience... so I predict that over the next few months after the release we will be seeing many updates to the MW2 game at $10 or $20 each that are remarkably similar to the mods in the mods we currently have...  very smart move by IW,  don't let us mod it,  they control the mods and maps for that matter,  get the source to all the open source mods out there and now you have a un-ending supply of new ideas and code to sell to those morons that buy the game... I think all of those that are upset by this abuse should agree that when we see anyone in our steam accounts playing MW2, we should do 2 things... Ban them from our clan servers and secondly,  black list them on our steam account...    Just my retribution...

One last thing... if IW felt that this multiplayer scenario is much better for the community,  then why would they not provide both options,  our traditional version and thier new (what I call) coop version...  This way the games can decide which to use...  no and why not,  becuase they know if they do that no one will use it,  and then thier commitment to Steam for a hosted solution will not be profitable...  Also I fail to see why they would feel the need,  if you want to play multiplayer this way,  buy the game on the console... leave the PC (the mature intelligent ones) alone....  What they feel to appreciate is that the majority of our community are mature gamers not kids....

Offline CaptV

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 02:12:09 pm »
I just  cancelled  my order,  and have advised our clan to do the same. Money is the reason why IW has done this I guess, this is a shame.

Offline Cyruz

• http://www.encl.se/vwar
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2009, 08:12:18 pm »
:D
Quote from: "Chiblue";p="30722"
Quote from: "evilswine";p="30719"
Call Of Duty WAW is a disapointment for pc gamers( at least for me), and now MW2!! PC gamers are screwed again!! I'ts like we don't pay for the game we play. I hope that X3 is out soon, that we can play the last COD game(COD:MW), that is fun to play!! Thanx to the extreme+ crew!!! :P  :P

Yes, COD WaW was a disappointment to us all,  but it is what we have to work with.. the new versions of X5 that have just been released and we are looking to a V3 release in the near future we are working hard to repair some of the damage that Treyarch did to the gameplay...  you should take a look again at this with the X5 mod.

:Am with u m8

Offline iNoMaD

• http://www.badassgamers.com
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2009, 02:46:43 pm »
Im new to this forum fellas and its a pleasure ta meets ya,all.I also have come to the conclusion that IW don't give a damn about how the pc gaming community feels about this issue and in turn ive also signed the tition and and cancelled my preorder that i paid in full.Our community has 2 dedi servers up 4 cod4+5.We have been running stock since these games came out.I now know it time to mod them cause im quite impressed with this X5.Any idea on a mod for cod5 since im not going to be able to run dedi's 4 MW2

THX
badassgamers.com/gamersisle.com

Offline FemmeFatale

• http://www.bitethebulletclan.com
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 05:03:56 pm »
I was the original author of this post. I Still believe that if a clan chooses to, they could make this game work for them.

However, BTB! has been advised that as a clan we will not follow this game if there are no dedicated servers. Our "roots" will remain planted in cod4 and waw, with the hopes that Treyarch will relase a title the way we like it, and not get bullied by Activision to follow suit with IW.

*my final 2 cents*

PS. JOKER ROCKS!!!!  ;)