Author Topic: MW2: A new begining?  (Read 17933 times)

Offline Muggles

Re: MW2: A new begining?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 10:04:11 am »
Hello,

I'm pretty new to the forums, and I've yet to reinstall Call of Duty Modern Warfare to try out this seemingly "Too Awesome to be True" Mod, but I feel like many of you do. I'm an avid gamer, I do everything from Xbox 360, PS3, to PC and even Wii, I own all the systems, manage to play them between work and being a full time student, and even aspire to be a game designer some day...

...mostly because I want to right all the wrongs game companies have done to players, Console and PC a like. Too many people have thrusted themselves into the industry without a single shred of love for the games they develop, it's slowly becoming a nasty business with people like Bobby at the reins and Activision under his boot. It's also becoming a strange industry with EA beginning to pump out less, but higher-quality games and Activision becoming the douchebag company we all love to hate.

Of all the PC developers and publishers, who would have thought Infinity Ward would be one of them?

I have cancelled my Pre-Order, so has my Girl, her family (they're Call of Duty Nuts on the PC) and most of my friends (even though most of them game on the 360.) From the price raise to the disgusting lack of dedicated servers and forced match-making that this Xbox-360 Port to PC has become... it will not earn a dime of my money.

So here's good luck to everyone fighting the "Good fight" as it would be! I hope to see you in one of your servers soon, I really anticipate trying the mod out and seeing what MW2 strives to be.  :wink:

Offline powerbits

• http://www.powerbits.be
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2009, 12:39:25 am »
Its funny how Treyarch now seems the good company if you see how IW backstabbed us :)

Its a shame that there is no new title out there for gamers to jump on, so i suspect COD4 and a bit cod5 to still be very strong!

Maybe this is good news for the modders like you guys!

If people are still going to play COD4 and COD5 the modding community can provide them something new and refreshing again and keep the games alive!

Its also nice to see the solidarity within the PC community!

We will find our way :)

Offline Overkill

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 02:16:28 am »
Looks as if IW forums are down
 Dont know if they have had enough or if we all overloaded it but its down.
Hope they have figured out we are not going to take this kind of treatment any more.

Offline 69HADES

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 09:58:12 am »
Well I hope all the PC Gamers put their money where their mouth is!!

And dont buy the game.

Offline Stormchaser

• http://www.myspace.com/sacrifistband
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 01:39:33 am »
Well I for one and my clan mates arent buying the game for obvious reasons... It's simply not worth the money...

Offline Moochie

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2009, 11:37:42 pm »
I will not be getting MW2 and will stay with WaW.  I was thinking while reading all your guys post and I thought about the the people that have pre-ordered Game Servers.  I then read where some server host are now giving the option to clients to cancel or wait and see if Dedicated servers will come in the future.  So not only did IW kick us in the pants they are hurting the Server Hosts with is really to bad.

My 2 cents, Moochie

Offline monsmeg

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 07:55:03 pm »
Multiplayer is 9v9 - maximum.

Sorry, but only because of this it doesn't justify the high price. Leave it to consoles.

These games are not like guitar hero where they make a buck by selling more and more gear. Night vision goggles is not why I would buy a game like this!

Dedicated servers with at least 64 players or nothing!

Boycott MW"!

Offline Mortician

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2009, 02:33:10 pm »
Looks like our clan will be holding out for BF:BC2

Offline Raithius

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2009, 12:07:45 pm »
The answer to all this is quite simple, if a little daunting.

Create a MW2 mod, for COD4.

Recreate weapons, models, maps and perks (maybe not the maps, as they "arent balanced for lean" ;-P )

Have the whole comunity come together and throw the middle finger to infinity ward, just as they have done on us... i believe they use this quote in MW2 when you die, "If you have to destroy a man, make sure you damage him so much he will not seek revenge" or something along those lines. My point is to show them we as a community arent going to take this lying down, and if they wont make the game we want, we'll make it for ourselfs.

Just my opinion, dont know if im talkin shit or not.

Offline Chiblue

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2009, 02:04:36 pm »
We actually have MW2,  in MW,  pretty much the same game,  only difference is the models are a little nicer,  the weapons have some cool features, like the heart monitor... but realistically all this can be built into a mod...  I would like to add,  that most of this is just eye candy,  what we specialize in in this community is gameplay...  and the funny thing is that after looking at MW2 many of the things in there we either already have or could build.  The big difference between MW and MW2 is vehicles... but we have vehicles in WaW...  If we take the models, maps and weapons from MW (COD 4) which are all in the tools,  then build a WaW mod using these instead of the WaW ones,  then all be would need is to build the vehicles...  and we would pretty much have MW2 MP running under the WaW engine.

This said,  I now see IW rational behind no MP,  think about this,  what has maintained COD4 retail price at $49 or a little less... most PC games drop to $19 after a couple of months... so why is this the case.... we all know the answer to this... Our community,  our mods that maintain the playability and demand for the game,  I don't think many people are buying COD4 today for SP,  but for MP...

So this said,  if they released MW2 as a true MP game, what would be the affect... well given the same era, given the similar (better) weapon option and the improved graphics... what would happen would be that COD4 sales would basically stop and the game would become a $19 special... but now they get people buying MW2 for the SP and this new COOP and MP scenario... but they still maintain thier COD4 price tag and sales because we maintain the playability....  am I being nuts or does this make sense to anyone else?

Offline Raithius

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2009, 07:27:58 pm »
Yeah i can see what your saying.

It is the community that gives any good multiplayer game longevity, so to strengthen the COD4 community with a MOD release like that would see MW2 hurt for maintaining the high end price range. People are going to get pissed off with having to wait 5 seconds everytime a host quits. Ther's only so much anyone can take of that. I don't remember any solid release in the past that has forced its players into waiting every so often to continue, and ther's a reason for that, cause its just plain stupid.

A MOD release to add the "shine" of MW2 to COD4 is definately the best way for the community to get their message across to developers, and make sure this does'nt happen again in the future.

Offline BossSpearman

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2009, 12:56:48 am »
Ok, gotta throw my $.02 in the mix.

I will not buy or play MW2 as long as there are no dedicated servers.

Like some, I have played COD from the git-go, the orig Call of Duty. I remember when the 1.2 patch came out and fixed some issues with bunny-hopping and introduced a little 'sway' into the snipers 'aim down sight'.  I loved it and some of my friends hated it.

Previously I played MOH and actually, that is the game that hooked me on the wwll 1st person shooter genre.  I was torn for some time between Battlefield and COD, I liked the bigger maps and the vehicles in BF, but COD seemed more realistic to me and won out.

Moving from COD, to COD:UO it all got better.  Then COD2 blew UO away, even though they chose to drop the vehicles, something I always considered an advantage for the BF series.  COD2 was superior in all respects, but I didn't even explore the SP side of the game. COD2 and later, I played exclusively MP, and eventually getting bored with the stock configuration started playing on servers only on modded servers.

After thier choice to screw us PC gamers by releasing COD3 for the consoles fanboys only, COD4 changed the game all over again, with the introduction of the perk and ranking system, the stock servers were a lot of fun to play on for a longer time than COD2, but once the modders (i.e. Joker) got familiar with the new engine,  the modded servers evolved and eventually blew away the stock servers.

I was glad to see WAW go back to wwll. I even considered boycotting COD4 for leaving the era, but it was too awesome of a game to miss out on though. And WAW seemed more like an expasion pack for COD4, same great game, but 60 years in the past. PERFECT!

But I grew bored with WAW in a pretty short time and even gave up playing for no more 1 or 2 hours a week. The maps seem to get old really quick and I really got back into playing when the 'redaux_orig' maps were created.  It was like COD2 with the perks, ranking and not to mention much better graphics.

But without dedicated servers, guys like Joker and many others won't be able to take the stock game and tweak it. There will be no custom maps unless they come from IW. And to be honest, if you are reading this post on THIS website you are most certainly not a console fanboy. You are a PC gamer and you have been playing modded servers for a reason!

THEY ARE BETTER!

Why even play MW2 on a PC?  I have a 22" monitor on my PC, but I can connect my son's xbox to my 42' TV and play the same game now.

If I wanted to play on the xbox I would aready be.

Offline ASP-SniperOne

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 03:22:26 pm »
Quote from: "Raithius";p="31239"
The answer to all this is quite simple, if a little daunting.

Create a MW2 mod, for COD4.

This is exactly what would get my juices flowing again for COD.

Count me in.

PS I arefuse to buy COD6.