Author Topic: About Menu Editing  (Read 2651 times)

Offline sheilan152

About Menu Editing
« on: October 21, 2009, 04:02:06 pm »
Hello.

I wanna edit menu for my mod like in promod there are buttons such as "About" and they Removed the "Create a Class" Button...

and how do i make a "Create a class" Button in the server?

I know that all those menus are saved in the mod.ff file but i dont know how to make / edit this file

Thanks for any help

Offline Lothegard

• http://www.clan-ssl.se
Re: About Menu Editing
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 12:44:39 pm »
Look at the RGNwiki it have all from Call of Duty 2 -- Call of Duty 4 -- Call of Duty World at War

INCLUDING Zombie stuff!!  Get over there and take a look!!

The RGNwiki was put together and maintained by the users at RGN.  RGN is the main site for the RGNwiki, aswell as mods such as AWE, ACE, and coming soon Zeroy's Vietnam Mod!!  Go check it out!!

Offline sheilan152

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 03:24:07 pm »
i know that site i use him for making maps and mods but i can't find guide to remove / add buttons on the menu

Offline Chiblue

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 10:38:15 pm »
Firstly,  you will need to get the latest release of the mod tools,  this contains all the source for the game,  including all menus... then the next trick is to find the menu you want to change... this is a much bigger challenge than you might think...

The question I would ask is do you want to change the first menu,  which you can but in the server code you have no control over any menu  until you connect to the server....  if you want the change a menu in the game after connect then I can help you... send me a screen shot of the menu you are tyring to change and I will try to guide you on the development of new buttons... but I want to warn you it is not the cleanest coding task...

Thanks

Offline utdfederation

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 11:51:35 am »
thats something i want to do.

on the main menu screen after the client has downloaded the mod, i want to have on the main menu screen a button with my servers name on, so when the client clicks on it, it will take them straight into our server. is this possible?

also i would like to know where in the script the settings are to remove the server messages box and text as i don't require them please?