Author Topic: What is wrong with IIW.  (Read 2827 times)

Offline coRpSE

• http://www.headshotdomain.net
What is wrong with IIW.
« on: November 11, 2009, 04:13:35 pm »
Okay, this will be a long post, so bare with me. I wanted to go over several aspects of Infinityward and there thinking's behind there new set up. They talk as if there IW.NET is the next best thing. I was talking to a friend which he pointed me to this video seen below which him and a few of his friends were playing and experienced the same thing in this video.

[align=center][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHsWZp5pWCo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube][/align]

Overall, there feelings towards the new setup is terrible and they all feel though they like playing the game, there quest for a lag free server will never happen. If you think about it. It took WoW over 2 years to get it right, how the hell does IW think they will have it right, right away?

Onto the next part. I loved how IW says that by them using the VAC for anti cheat, and for all of you that say, "VAC is the best". With in a few hours of the game being released. There was hacks already out, and in use, also they had enough time to edit and put out a video.

Does this mean I am saying that PB would have been better, no, but, with out PB, or dedicated servers, How are you going to stop people from using this, Waite for VAC? The same company that has yet stop hacks that came out 2+ years ago for there other game?

Just watch this..
[align=center][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MdSwgKtSYg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube][/align]

Now with all these "Upgrades" so they claim, to make the game better, I have to ask my self, what is it really all come down to. IW.NET? IW? Or the gamer. Well, in my opinion, it comes to the gamer. Ultimately, they are the ones that decide how the game will be, just by buying the game. Well, Robert Bowling, (aka. fourzerotwo), mentioned that all this upgrades are here to make gamers experiences more fun and easier to get in and play. Well, after seeing this picture, I could  not help but to chuckle a little.

[align=center]
[/align]

For those that don't understand why I chuckled when I saw this, I will explain. IW.NET supposedly makes the multiplayer experience simpler and more accessible for everyone straight out of the box.

Apparently, for the novice user, Infinity Ward thinks that understanding NAT and configuring your router to forward a port is far simpler than looking at a server listing and clicking 'join game'.

To me, I feel that they don't care about the community anymore, but just see $$$ on the horizon.

But to end all this on a last note, is the one thing that just is not wrong, also discusses me to the point that I don't care any more about IW, they just lost me for good and to all parents out there, I would not allow any children of any age play this game.

After reading this,

Fox News Report

I feel that what IW is doing is wrong and not only parents should be upset, anyone in the military that risked there lives, and the friends and families that lost people they knew to terrorism, should be upset and pushing to get IW to account for these actions.

If they delete or remove the story before you can read it, I am pasting it into a quote below.

NEW YORK — The publisher of "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" seems to have a hit on its hands. The company is also hoping to brush some controversial images under the rug.

Footage leaked from the game (and since removed from a variety of Websites) reveals that players can shoot innocent civilians in an airport in a realistic rendering of a terrorist attack.

In a statement, game publisher Activision Blizzard Inc. said the footage was taken illegally and is not representative of the game's overall experience. Instead, the scene is designed to evoke the "atrocities of terrorism," Activision said in an e-mailed statement.

SLIDESHOW: Screenshots from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The game follows players as they "face off against a terrorist threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse," the Santa Monica, Calif. company said. This includes a plot line in which the player infiltrates a Russian villain's inner circle to defeat him. Presumably the airport attack is one of the scenes in which the player acts as part of the villain's group.

In an interview before the footage was leaked, Vince Zampella, head of the game's developer, Infinity Ward, said studio intended for its game to startle players.

"We push the story," he said. "We want the player to be emotionally attached. We want them to be emotionally shocked."

Gamers are warned that the scene may be disturbing, and they can choose not to play through the part. It's unclear, though, how many gamers will heed the warning for fear of missing part of the game's intricate story. Activision says the game is designed so the part can be skipped over without losing any of the story.

The game's makers said before the leak that they strive for "real world" authenticity in weapon types, military tactics and locations, but the plot is more James Bond action movie than ripped-from-the-headlines.

"As far as the story goes, Makarov is this super villain and you are this task force," Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling said in a recent interview. "And it's good versus evil. So we really like to be cinematic but also not let that ruin the fun."
Related Stories

* 'Call of Duty' Could Set Entertainment Record
    * Review: 'Call of Duty: World at War' Half a Step Backward
    * Review: 'Call of Duty 4' One of Best Games of Year

Links

* SLIDESHOW: Screenshots from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Infinity Ward hasn't shied away from disturbing imagery in the past. "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" begins with a character being driven through an occupied city, dragged out of the car, tied to a pole and then executed — all from the victim's point of view. The player controls other characters throughout that game, including one who perishes in a nuclear blast.

But what's different in the upcoming game is that people can play from the perspective of someone inside a terrorist group, similar to how gamers can play criminal in the "Grand Theft Auto" titles. The gamer can play a CIA agent who infiltrates a rogue group and appears to be a double agent.

"It's a very cinematic experience," Bowling said of "Modern Warfare 2" in the interview. "You get to play from multiple perspectives and get a broader picture of what this conflict is, and see that it's much more than just winning a war with a bullet."

Basically, to break it down for you that don't read the article. Its an article of a video that was taken and put on you tube then was forced removal by IW. It was footage of them having a level in the game in which allowed you to play as a terrorist and kill innocent civilians in an airport. Some of you may say, who cares, its a game, and IW said,

In a statement, game publisher Activision Blizzard Inc. said the footage was taken illegally and is not representative of the game's overall experience. Instead, the scene is designed to evoke the "atrocities of terrorism," Activision said in an e-mailed statement.

i just have to say this. being a friend of some people that lost there lives in NYC during that terrible day of 9/11, and also loosing some great friends over in Iraq fighting this war on terrorist, I really can't fathom the thinking of showing people or kids in a game of having it a part to go kill innocents to level up, is the right message to send during these delicate days we are in now.

I really don't know what they are trying to show to atrocities of terrorism in any way of having that part of the game. So if any of the IW staff actually read this because I can promise you, I will post this not just here, but other places, I hope the "Mothers of America" and other organizations put a hurting on you. I and my clan will not support your actions in any way, shape, or forms for this game.

DreAdeDcoRpSE
[HS]coRpSE

Offline 5STAR

Re: What is wrong with IIW.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 05:34:59 pm »
8O After reading this,you make well valid points. And I have to agree coRpSE.Very well said. I'm sure if ya post this at IW it will be takin down, if not I would be shocked. Very nice post coRpSE nonetheless. :)

Offline PvtGomerPyle

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 07:59:15 pm »
Great post CoRpSE...
I couldn't have said it better myself
I agree with you 100 percent...

Offline 5STAR

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:32:35 pm »
I see the 2nd video has already been removed by Activision for copyright claims.What BS. So now what are they gonna remove all MW2 videos  :?: I think not. For all that didn't get to see the video,It was a moron with a hack mowing peeps down. DEATH TO ALL HACKERS  :twisted:

Offline coRpSE

• http://www.headshotdomain.net
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:55:22 pm »
I figured they would have it taken down. But its just goes to prove that there is no anti cheat that works 100%, I just feel that VAC is lacking more so then PB. At least when I am on my server or else where, or when I go to update my servers using the PBBans server tool, I actually see them adding new bans on,

Personally, even if PB was on there, I am positive they would have had hackers, but with the way that IW has it, It leaves it fully reliant on VAC to stop them, and for those of us that played games with VAC, all know, it will be a very long time before they do anything.

I just find it funny that IW or Activision is more worried about stopping video's on YouTube of there product failing rather then fixing the issues. I guess censorship is the root to go.
Thanks for the comments. After catching up on reading about IW, (took a break to finish up a map), I got a little annoyed.