Author Topic: suggestion  (Read 1484 times)

Offline LAPD

suggestion
« on: January 09, 2010, 08:29:49 am »
Of course mod over time, become gold (in terms almost all the wishes already satisfies), but in addition to version 2.6 our preferences are as follows:
1. Gametypes:
HQ & CHQ
Opportunity to fill the array with the coordinates of radio spawn. So, do HQ gametype more dynamic and non-repeating. Coordinates are entered in .cfg depending on map with supervisor manually, respectively, without changing the map script itself and not forcing to re-download by clients.
HTF has become less popular. We've got to invent something with it is that people will understand that there is not only HQ.
2. Closer to the realism:
All kinds of indicators of health status, and ammunition, not to mention the indicators grenades, hitting, we have long been removed, and not regret it. Thank you for your help in this.
Would like to be able to remove a message about the killing an enemy (below compass) when playing first person, but to leave when spectating someone. We believe that this has led some arcade to game, because the player knows exactly what killed him from the message and switches to the next. That you find a trifle, but in fact it is a big leap to the realism, because it will be necessary to pay attention to the animation of a enemy model, rather than to the message of "you killed nickname".
3. Effects and background ambient:
We all understand that the game is not only a systematic +1 to the frags. Many people love this game for his subjects WWII and for the approach of historical battles, so that everyone could feel in his own skin. This is all achieved through the background and effects, as well as sound. Game is good from which you never get tired, and the various effects each time pleases the eye - it is rockets,grenades and bombs explosions, various third-party sounds. Also, the planes flying in the sky. We understand from you that the game engine not much more capable and has limitations. All the same, you fellows, and contrive anything new to add!
Could you do this - add a variable of weather probability to each map (rain, snow, fog, dust, smoke) and if you add a variable of intensity, it will simply superb. Next, I would like to change the system of planes, firing mortars and artillery, and their quantity as well as the waiting period. The fact is that even if a set min and max time and number of each of them, sooner or later they get sick. Add to a probability value of occurrence.

Sound effects ... We all know that there are more in the game, so why do not we add them again - the sounds of injuries, death, bash sounds, the sounds of bullets and explosions. After all, for all this nothing more need to change appropriately soundaliases files. Thus will be more diversity and i want to say that we have already added and we have a good sound.

New effects of explosions, rather than new, but in addition to existing, you can create even more diverse explosions (like paulo88) and complement iw_impacts.csv. You surpass a hollywood blockbusters. Many fans of the game will be crazy about your creativity!

And thanks again, we all look forward to your v2.6 and want to thank you in advance for your work.
Siberia.

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
Re: suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 04:26:30 pm »
1. Possibility to add radio spawnpoints to CHQ and HQ has been implemented.

2. I will look into that. What obituary mode ( 0 - 8 ) are you running?

3a. By using the min and max values, you can change the probability already. Do you want another probability check after the first one has decided to launch ambient stuff?

3b. We had wheather effects once. They were removed because of lag issues. I will try to find a way to get some of this stuff back. No promises.

Offline LAPD

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 10:36:21 pm »
1. Thanks
2. 1 = stock obituary. I was mistaken, it is not below the compass, but in the center of the screen below. I think this is built-in scripts, not in your mod.
3a. Yes another extended probability check for that - totally unpredictable. For example, or that they were not there, or that they were each other, or in large quantities, and not as often as 2 times in just 40 minutes of map playing.
3b. Thank you.
What about sound effects and other fx of explosions?

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 05:57:42 am »
Finding good soundclips and creating new effects is very time consuming.
If you have anything lying around, please post a link the it.

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 12:42:36 pm »
Rain and snow will be reintroduced in v2.6. Turning this on will disable the ambient snow on stock maps (ex_ambsnowfx). Randomized levels of rain and snow (10 levels of snow on wintermaps; 10 levels of rain on others).

Only problem so far is that the snow effects are based on the efx "cloud" type, which only shows on dx9. Meaning, you cannot set snow for tactical reasons, because dx7 players will not see it anyway.
I am not planning to change the efx type, because particle effects for snow just don't cut it.