Author Topic: eXtreme+ 2.6 is Released  (Read 34366 times)

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
Re: eXtreme+ 2.6 is Released
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 08:04:14 pm »
Basic instruction are in the Quick Setup Guide PDF.

If this is your first dedicated server setup, start simple by activating the mod without changing or adding anything. Just make an fs_game folder, and FTP the contents of extremev26-setup.zip into this folder. Change the command line through your server's control panel (examples are in PDF), and restart the server. If it works, start changing settings or adding optional mods. Step by step.

Offline vladimire

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 06:10:35 am »
Yes, this is my first dedicated server and I would like to run it on extreme mode :)

Before a week I lease 2 servers, one for Cod2 and the other for CoD4. CoD4 server is already setup to run on extreme mod and it was preety easy but I stuck on CoD2 setup...

I was looking in basic instructions before I started to uploading extreme mod but I was little confused about some things like:
-Do I need to make folder "mods"(like in cod4) and after that I can upload whole folder with any type of mod setup in it?     or
-I can simply made in game root, folder named e.g. "extreme" and iupload all setup files in it?

sry I know that these are noob Q but I would like to hear answer from you who really know how does it work.  Many people aren`t so friendly and kind to help beginers-noobs.

Can you snap few snap shots of your CoD2 root server-extreme mod files, just to have image for better understanding? That could be really helpfull You can post it here or you can send me that in pm...

Thanks for the help PatmanSan!  I really appreciate  that   :)

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 01:40:40 pm »
No you don't need a mods folder. Just make a new folder next to (not in) the folder called "main". We will call the new folder our mod folder, because it simply holds the mod. Some may call it the fs_game folder. I used "x26" as the mod folder in this example:

| main
| pb
| x26

After installing the mod, the mod folder should hold the entire contents of the extremev26-setup.zip, except the Quick Setup Guide PDF.

| x26
| | character
| | extreme
| | maps
| | mptype
| | scriptdata
| | e26.iwd
| | maprotation.cfg
| | server.cfg

Stop the server, go into you commandline editor, and make sure it has the following on it:

+set fs_game x26 +set dedicated 2 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate

Restart the server, and try to connect to it.

Offline vladimire

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 10:40:03 am »
First of all I want to thank you for your help!

My root  have some more files/folders... >>picture/snap<<
Is that possible cause of my problem with extreme mod?

I rename my "mods" folder to "x26"(like you) and content is same as yours.

i have done almost everything like you said. only the last step I didn`t because I dont know what is / where is "commandline editor",(I am so shamed because of that)  so I didn`t done that part?!  Can you explain me how to do that?

sry I know that is a noob Q.  
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
There is one more "problem"... I couldn`t setup extreme mod so I wanted to change mod on "default" epam mod. I have changed mod to epam.
Now, when I change mod on extreme mod and try to connect on server I got message:
"Error
Download failure while getting
"http://www.your_website.com/base_folder/x26/e26.iwd"

I think that issue is connected with downloading from my server - I don`t have "redirect" server for fast downloading mods and maps because I bought lite-cheap server without that option...Am I right or wrong and how to fix that?

thanks in advance, best regards m8!

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 04:51:18 pm »
The folder picture/snap has no effect on the server, so don't worry about it.
Somehow the mod seems to be running, because you are forced to download e26.iwd.
You can disable the http download redirect by editing server.cfg and restarting the server:

seta sv_wwwDownload "0"

If you want me to have a look, you can PM me the login details for FTP and the game server provider's dashboard.

Offline JD_8

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 02:09:26 pm »
I have a couple of questions regarding settings for 2.6.

First I'm trying to set the Close Kill Protection to minimize those darn round the corner suprise kills. In the playercontrol.cfg there is a setting for what action to take when someone tries to kill someone below the set limit. I have it set to give a warning and let the victim see info. (opton 2)  However instead of this behavior what we see is that the attacker dies instantly and there is no message for the victim. Is this a fault in the code or am I missing something here?

My second question has to do with the Forced-Auto Assign feature. What I would like to achieve is that clan members (defined in clantag1) should be able to pick a team and non-clan players should be auto-assigned.  Is there a way to do this without forcing clan members onto a particular team?

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 02:37:48 pm »
I will test Close Kill Protection later, and let you know if there is something wrong with it.

The Auto-assign mode you want, is activated by setting this in playercontrol.cfg:

set ex_autoassign "2"
set ex_autoassign_clanbridge "0"

Non-clan players will be assigned a predefined team, set by ex_autoassign_clanteam, like:

set ex_autoassign_clanteam "axis"

Offline JD_8

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 02:55:29 pm »
Quote from: "PatmanSan";p="32616"
I will test Close Kill Protection later, and let you know if there is something wrong with it.

The Auto-assign mode you want, is activated by setting this in playercontrol.cfg:

set ex_autoassign "2"
set ex_autoassign_clanbridge "0"

Non-clan players will be assigned a predefined team, set by ex_autoassign_clanteam, like:

set ex_autoassign_clanteam "axis"

That's how I had it setup and what we were seeing is that our clan members were allowed to pick a team but when they join they get a message that they were forced to a specific team which was the team defined in ex_autoassign_clanteam. Non-clan members were being treated correctly and only were able to auto-assign but clan members were being forced onto one team. Also members with tags predefined in clantag1 had an active auto-assign option when joining but if clicked that option just takes them to spectate.

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 12:13:27 am »
Auto-assign bug confirmed and fixed. Will check out Close Kills tomorrow, and post some fixes to test.

Offline JD_8

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2010, 07:47:08 pm »
I have a couple more questions.

When a player exits the gunship and parachutes down the mod says they are running and they lose their weapon. Is this normal behavior?  If so wouldn't that make the anti-run penalties kick in after three times in the gunship?

We are using the Long range sniper rifle and have put in the extra file that fixes the exploding bullets. It was working perfectly except a few players wanted the damage adjusted up a bit. I went in and adjusted a few of the hit locations up just a tad and now the bullets explode on impact again. How do I correct this or do I need to put default damages back in?

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 08:02:55 pm »
Anti-run punishment when parachuting down is not normal. I will have a look.

Long range rifles and gunship are not fully compatible. This is a snippet from the support thread:

"All gunship weapons are projectile based. The default projectile impact effects (from bazooka/panzerschreck) had to be disabled, so I could make specific effects for each gunship weapon. I think the readme.txt that comes with the optional gunship mod includes instructions to disable the bazooka and pazerschreck. This makes me wonder... will the long range rifles shoot nukes too? I'll have to check later..."

It has been confirmed. When a player is in the gunship, all projectiles - including the ones from the LR rifles - will inherit the impact effects of the gunship weapons. Nothing I can do about that, because the gunship's projectile monitor picks up profectile in flight, and cannot link them to a weapon or player. It has to assume they come from the gunship.
If noone is in the gunship, the LR rifles will return to their normal impact effects.

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2010, 08:14:46 pm »
Close kill protection is working properly. You have to keep in mind that this feature was not designed for bullet spraying weapons. Every single hit will trigger punishment. Hit 1: short shellshock, hit 2: long shellshock, hit 3: death. Shooting someone at close range with a SMG or MG will result in sudden death for the attacker, because it's not that hard to get three hits out of dozens of bullets.

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2010, 08:49:19 pm »
Fix 16 and 17 added to fixpack. See page 3 of the 2.6 Support Thread (link below)

Please report other issues in the sticky support thread: Support: eXtreme v2.6 (including fixpack)

Offline jacksparrowclan

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 05:03:36 pm »
The eXtreme Crew do NOT support cracked servers/games, post edited by Lothegard

Offline mitra

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2010, 08:53:27 am »
I have a server and applied the v2.6 mod extreme but when my friends are going to go tell them that's not to download because it is not the proper directory?! help
also says that it is good web site!
how should I do? in which folder and which web site that I put in the config? :(  :roll:  :!:  :!: