Author Topic: Support: eXtreme+ v2.6 (including fixpack)  (Read 13826 times)

Offline Smithsonian

Re: Support: eXtreme+ v2.6 (including fixpack)
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 12:39:07 am »
Still struggling with this. I get   WARNING: Couldn't open logfile: games_mp.log  I tried a stock copy of the 2.6 mod and still wouldnt write. Set the server to stock unmodded and it wrote to the log files.

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 01:17:27 am »
The mod is not involved in creating the logs. Could be a (file system) permission thing, but it is outside the mod's scope. Did you try creating a new fs_game folder, and running the mod there?

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 02:19:27 am »
Quote from: "LAPD";p="32204"
1. In my opinion there is a dependence between TDM respawn points (at beginning flag respawned in player coords?), gtsdelay and HTF,
[spoil]if(self.flag.lastteam != myteam)
{
  self iprintln(&"MP_HTF_YOU_STOLE_FLAG"); //LAPD
  self thread announce(&"MP_HTF_STOLE_FLAG");

friendlyAlias = "ctf_touchenemy";
  enemyAlias = "ctf_enemy_touchenemy";

// What is my team?
  myteam = self.sessionteam;
  if(myteam == "allies") otherteam = "axis";
  else otherteam = "allies";

thread extreme\_ex_utils::playSoundOnPlayers(friendlyAlias, myteam);
  thread extreme\_ex_utils::playSoundOnPlayers(enemyAlias, otherteam);

// Get personal score
  self.score += 3;
                                // added for arcade style HUD points
                                self notify("update_playerscore_hud");

if(level.mode == 2) level.teamholdtime[otherteam] = 0;

lpselfnum = self getEntityNumber();
  lpselfguid = self getGuid();
  logPrint("A;" + lpselfguid + ";" + lpselfnum + ";" + myteam + ";" + self.name + ";" + "htf_stole" + "
");
}
[/spoil]
These messages and sounds begin to appear in a row rapidly,  but not indefinitely when the GTSdelay in mode 1. In my test in 2 players has pronounced 8 times. After the end of time GTSdelay everything becomes normal.
2. you can not resolve, or determine this cause?  I remember you repaired this bug in my query in a certain fixpack for 2.5
[spoil]  // kamikaze (suicide bombing)
  if(sMeansOfDeath == "MOD_SUICIDE" && level.ex_kamikaze && isDefined(attacker) && isPlayer(attacker))
  {
    // suicide bomber
    if(attacker == self && !isDefined(self.switching_teams) && !isDefined(self.ex_forcedsuicide) && isWeaponType(self.ex_lastoffhand, "suicidebomb"))
      self thread suicideBomb(attacker);
  }[/spoil]
but is doesn't work anymore... \kill command continues killing all around.
3. With the destruction of HQ bonus points for the destruction should be only those players who are directly present to the end point of destruction (end of progress bar).
4. Yes, I agree with the Smithsonian, but I had it occurred in tdm and hq.
and more, how to avoid disabling bazooka when using nuke. Because bazooka begins shooting with nuke at this time)))

1. OK. If I understand correctly, players are spawning on top of the flag during gtsdelay.
There aren't supposed to be flags in ready-up "gtsdelay" mode. Well...at least that was the plan. I am at work now. I have to check when I get home.

2. No. I never fixed the /kill thing. I fixed the kamikaze kills when switching teams or when forced to commit suicide.

3. OK. So we can check for defenders within a certain radius of the radio. Inside the radius = points. Outside the radius = no points.

4. This is really hard to reproduce. I can put in some code, hoping that it will fix something.

All gunship weapons are projectile based. The default projectile impact effects (from bazooka/panzerschreck) had to be disabled, so I could make specific effects for each gunship weapon. I think the readme.txt that comes with the optional gunship mod includes instructions to disable the bazooka and pazerschreck.

This makes me wonder... will the long range rifles shoot nukes too? I'll have to check later...

Offline LAPD

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 07:05:00 am »
PatmanSan thanks for your understanding and support
On an opening remark i  tried to disable scr_htf_removeflagspawns "0"//Remove the TDM that is used as the flag spawn (0 = no, 1 = yes) (default 1)
but has not helped. Under the second remark it is necessary to disable "kamikaze" while this problem will dare.
Under the third remark we will wait your solution. And on last innovation all the same it would be desirable not to exclude the panzers, and to add the special effects for gunship weapons. LRR did not try, as we do not use them (essentially).

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 02:46:57 pm »
1. HTF/IHTF bug is fixed (fix 10). Fixpack updated.

2. I don't think I can fix the /kill thing. What about disabling the client console?

3. The only player points are for establishing the radio and for neutralizing the radio, but ONLY if you were within 120 units from the radio. All other points are team based... "points per second" (defpps), neutralizing (teamneut) and holding the radio (teamcap). I must be blind, because I don't see other points given to the player, other than those for kills.

4. No way to change that. It´s one or the other. Unfortunately this also affects LR rifles (only while player is in the gunship).

Offline LAPD

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 06:57:29 pm »
I mean these players points... not team based (team based points given correctly)
set ex_hqpoints_playercap "3"   // player radio capture points ( 0 - 999 ) default 0
set ex_hqpoints_playerneut "3"    // player neutralize radio points ( 0 - 999 ) default 0
that points need to be given if you are in radius of a radio concrete at the moment neut/capt.

Offline Smithsonian

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 12:05:35 am »
Yes the failure of writing log files was a permissions problem with gameservers. I had to delete everything out of the folder i had 2.5 in and use that folder to get it to work. Sadly, that was easier than waiting on them to help. Just had another guy parachute down with the 40mm cannon. He tore us a new hole before we finally killed him. lol  When in LR rifle mode we are hearing the projectile round sound when the bullet hits. Is this normal?

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 05:03:11 am »
Quote from: "LAPD";p="32219"
I mean these players points... not team based (team based points given correctly)
set ex_hqpoints_playercap "3"   // player radio capture points ( 0 - 999 ) default 0
set ex_hqpoints_playerneut "3"    // player neutralize radio points ( 0 - 999 ) default 0
that points need to be given if you are in radius of a radio concrete at the moment neut/capt.

These playerpoints are already ONLY given when you are in radius of the radio:

if(((distance(players.origin,radio.origin)) <= radio.radius) && (distance((0,0,players.origin[2]),(0,0,radio.origin[2])) <= level.zradioradius))

radio.radius is set to 120. Basically, if you see the capturing or neutralizing progress bar, you are in range, and will be rewarded points.

But, that is not the point. You are worried about players walking away from the established radio, after getting points for establishing it. Only teampoints are given after that.

Offline LAPD

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 05:27:35 am »
There are we till not understood each other =) So to say difficulty of translating )
Precisely i speak, this condition does not work correctly:
if(((distance(players.origin,radio.origin)) <= radio.radius) && (distance((0,0,players.origin[2]),(0,0,radio.origin[2])) <= level.zradioradius))

... in the process of radio capture/destruction (in radius) with one player, other player can simple run by having touched radio radius. Then points are awarded also by that who put/destroyed to the end and that who has simply maliciously touched and has left, even if he already far away from hq site. It calls into question sense of a hq,chq gametype - after all sense that the hq needs to be won competently tactically. There are dishonest players, and it is a lot of them, what use this bug and hope for those who really being shot up to the end puts a hq.
Certainly, I can solve a problem having set ex_hqpoints_playercap, ex_hqpoints_playerneut having appropriated it on 1.
But it does not solve a problem as it is necessary.

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 05:44:49 am »
Thanks for explaining. I think we're getting somewhere. Let me see if I understand now...

The problem is that a player is rewarded points for being in the radius for a short moment while the radio is being established. Players don't have to be in the radius until the radio is fully established, but they get points anyway. So they walk into the radius and quickly run away, getting points for doing nothing.

Please test the attached code.
You should add the following vars to gametypes.cfg

For HQ:
set ex_hqpoints_radius "1200"      // player has to be within radius to get points (0 - 9999) default 0 (disabled)

For CHQ:
set ex_chqpoints_radius "1200"     // player has to be within radius to get points (0 - 9999) default 0 (disabled)

If you omit the vars, they take the default 0 (disabled), which means the gametype works like it used to.
The radius is in game units (inches), so a value of 1200 is around 30 meters. For testing you might wanna set it to a lower value.

(EDIT: attachment removed. This is now part of the fixpack)

Offline LAPD

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 03:41:09 am »
But why not to make even easier? Simply to equate this option to value ex_hq_radio_zradius

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 07:04:12 am »
because the z radius is the height radius ((x,y,z), hence the z) for attempts to establish or destroy the radio. This value is likely to be less than the radius you want players to be in when points are given for actually establishing or destroying the radio.

I agree... it's yet another variable added to the hundreds we already have, but this is more flexible.

Main question now is... does it work?

Offline walaki6

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 06:33:53 pm »
Hi
Diana can not fart. server goes down :s

Anti camping system, that can be put into cry baby

I'm sorry Translate google :)

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2010, 07:12:31 pm »
LMAO -- Funny stuff

I will code some laxative for her... stay tuned

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2010, 07:26:46 pm »
Fix 11 added to fixpack.

Thanks for reporting m8. Much appreciated!