Author Topic: Suggestions for redirect space?  (Read 1287 times)

Offline helmhead

Suggestions for redirect space?
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:35:34 am »
Hello all!

Great mod, great site. I was pretty unfamiliar with all of this stuff before I got here, and while I'm by no means an expert now, I at least understand WAY more than I used to... so thanks!

HTTP redirecting is something that I'd like to start taking advantage of.. however, it seems to me that all of the good sites that I can use for webspace are geared towards people whose needs are far more hardcore than mine are (clans, etc.). I have very simple needs and don't require a TON of space or extra-fast download rates... just something faster than the 40KB I'm currently getting.

I'd like to get away with not paying ANY money since this is basically just for my own learning purposes and because I'm cheap. However, I understand if a small fee needs to get paid along the way - but why pay when you don't have to, right?

A lot of the sites nowadays that offer free storage space seem to allow you to create specified links to specific folders you create (i.e. "www.blahblah/[RandomCharacters]/") but they don't allow for any type of folder STRUCTURE within that link (i.e. that last link example could be "www.blahblah/cod2" so that I could use that address for a redirect and the addresses "www.blahblah/cod2/main" and "www.blahblah/cod2/fsgame" would be valid paths). I can't seem to find anyone around that offers space that will just give you empty space to play with - they are all fancy with uploaders and sharing links...

Anyone have any suggestions on where I could go to set up a small (but useful) redirect?

Thanks!

Offline PvtGomerPyle

Re: Suggestions for redirect space?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 12:13:58 pm »
Check out Drivehg.com. I use it for my home computer server.

Offline bdshepherd

• http://www.thebaddogsclan.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 01:42:26 pm »
Check out www.clanworldz.com you will not only get a website you will get full ftp access.
Mention *{BD}*Shepherd and get a month free with first month's payment.

Offline helmhead

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 08:54:06 pm »
Thanks so much! I signed up for drivehq and set up the redirect today.. I'll hopefully test it out this week and get back to you, but it seems like it's going to work just nicely.