Author Topic: Snowball mod help  (Read 1293 times)

Offline svaante

Snowball mod help
« on: July 01, 2010, 05:49:13 am »
Hai everybody!

I'm currently working on a mod where you will only be able to kill your opponents with the impact damage on the grenade. But I have encounter some problems and I certainly could need some help  :o  I don't have that much experience with moding but I got some experience with c++. As of now I have just edited the weapons files I made my own FX for the snowballs impact and got a sound file that I want to trigger on impact. But I don't want the "snowball" to explode on impact just stick to a wall or whatever and its working atm but my questions is currently how do I trigger the sound and the FX on impact and how do I build up the mod.scv file so that it loads the sound file?

//svaante

Offline Sammy

Re: Snowball mod help
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 12:41:53 pm »
In the fraggrenade weapon file there are places for explosion sound and explosion fx other than the standard ones. Maybe that will do it? projExplosionEffect & projExplosionSound.

Offline svaante

Re: Snowball mod help
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 01:45:36 pm »
Yes I made it work so now it explodes with the snow FX and the Snowball sound but I need some help with the menus and other stuff and it would be great if got the Xfire of some1 who got some experience of the menus ingame ty for the help m8  :D   :D

//svaante