Author Topic: X4 : eXtreme Warfare v3.0 RC5 Support  (Read 8707 times)

Offline =|A|S|O|=SMOK3N

• http://www.aso.enjin.com
Re: X4 : eXtreme Warfare v3.0 RC5 Support
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 03:52:38 am »
Hi , I have a couple of issues that I need help with.

~I'm wanting to change my account name to, =|A|S|O|= SMOK3N , its not working "ADMINS" please help me ! lol

~Also I have the RC5 mod, "ITS AWESOME"  I'm currently tweaking the configs for snipe only on custom map's,
Some hardpoints wont work correctly in some custom maps, for example the stealthbomber,  the 3rd stealth bomber that fly's over is higher than the others it misses the map and explodes in the sky I need to find out how to lower them so I don't have to remove the maps. any idea's ?

~Uav drone only works on some custom maps, why is this and how do I fix it?

~On some custom map's the ac130 will not fire, nothing come's out until you are on your side of the map, then you can fire at  the enemy's side.

~Im using a custom rifle so i have a larger clip size and the scope overlay is wider ext and yes they are LR long range rifle's,when i shoot my rifle there are no headshot sound's and only show's that the person was headshot down the bottom left of the screen, I have looked at the weapon file, its set to projectile (not bullet), when its on bullet the headshot sound's work but the distance is shorten making it almost impossible to shoot anyone on the larger custom maps.

I think that the weapon set to projectile stop's the headshot sound's and when it's on bullet it work's ! ?.

Sorry for posting in the wrong section i understand that there is still some bugs and glitche's with the mod and i understand that you guys are busy and may not be able to answer all my question's, I'm new here and need some advice.

Thank's to Joker and the eXtreme support crew... love the mods and the "TACTICAL NUKE" WOOOOOO!!!!  thank's thank's thank's www.mycallofduty.com  your the best!!!.

All =|A|S|O|= server's running eXtreme X4V3 :D

Offline MissV

• http://www.lets-get-ready-to-rumble.com
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 08:34:43 am »
~I'm wanting to change my account name to, =|A|S|O|= SMOK3N , its not working "ADMINS" please help me ! lol

1.Ingame name change.
 2.Go to option.
 3.Multiplayer options.
 4.Playername.

That's how I do it.

Some hardpoints wont work correctly in some custom maps, for example the stealthbomber,  the 3rd stealth bomber that fly's over is higher than the others it misses the map and explodes in the sky I need to find out how to lower them so I don't have to remove the maps

_ex_stealthbomber

// Get starting and ending point for the plane
   direction = ( 0 , yaw , 0 );
   planeHalfDistance = 12000;
   planeBombExplodeDistance = -1000;
   planeFlyHeight = 800.0 + randomFloat(800.0);
   planeFlySpeed = 800.0 + randomFloat(800.0);

if ( isdefined( level.airstrikeHeightScale ) )
   {
      planeFlyHeight *= level.airstrikeHeightScale;
   }

startPoint = coord + vector_scale( anglestoforward( direction ), -1 * planeHalfDistance );
   startPoint += ( 0, 0, planeFlyHeight );

endPoint = coord + vector_scale( anglestoforward( direction ), planeHalfDistance );
   endPoint += ( 0, 0, planeFlyHeight );

MissY

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 09:17:51 am »
Name changed.  You might have to log out then log back in with your new name

Height -- for things like ac130, uav, stealth bombers are all dependant on things the mapper have done.  skybox, center, etc, etc  Working on a variable to set in the CFG's to raise or lower the height of some of these items.

Headshot sound -- yes, once you change the rifles from a bullet to a projectile, some things like this will not work any more.  I have multiple posts in the forums about this and what you need to change/add to the mods GSC files -- have a search and let us know how you turn out

Offline =|A|S|O|=SMOK3N

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2010, 02:02:34 pm »
Thank's all for your help, im going to take a look at this today and see what i can do.

thank you heap's

Offline =|A|S|O|=SMOK3N

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2010, 10:32:37 pm »
Raw file's Raw file's lol, i cant wait, best mod ever, please raw file's be quik xD
Thanks joker and the eXtreme support crew without you i wouldnt be here asking for raw file's XD "THE BEST"

thank's

Offline torassn

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2010, 10:29:37 am »
Hi :)

I am having  a problem with SD matches. After first round end, the server crashes.
here is the error in console_mp

******* script runtime error *******
undefined is not an object: (file 'extreme/_ex_sentrygun.gsc', line 40)
  player thread onPlayerJoinedTeam();
Error: started from:
(file 'extreme/_ex_sentrygun.gsc', line 38)
  level waittill("spawned_player", player);
Error: ************************************
      dvar set cl_paused 0
      dvar set loc_language 0
      dvar set loc_forceEnglish 0
      dvar set com_errorTitle Error
      dvar set com_errorMessage script runtime error
(see console for details)
undefined is not an object
ERROR: script runtime error
(see console for details)
undefined is not an object
----- Server Shutdown -----
==== ShutdownGame (1) ====
0:ja EXE_DISCONNECTED
1:Domenistic)-,-( EXE_DISCONNECTED
      dvar set sv_running 0
---------------------------
quitting...
----- CL_Shutdown -----
-----------------------
Unloaded fastfile mp_backlot
Unloaded fastfile localized_common_mp
Unloaded fastfile common_mp
Unloaded fastfile mod
Unloaded fastfile localized_code_post_gfx_mp
Unloaded fastfile code_post_gfx_mp

i havent touch the " 'extreme/_ex_sentrygun.gsc'," file so dont know what the issue is...

thanks for help :)

SRSLY LOVE THE MOD!!!  btw :D :D

Offline Joker{eXtreme}

• http://www.mycallofduty.com
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 09:01:51 am »
Did you download the mod before Nov 26th?  

There were some fixes put in on this download http://extreme.clanwarz.com/X4_v3.0rc5/X4v3.0_RC5.zip

Offline ggamer

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 10:08:12 am »
The RC5 update is great but we are also experiencing a problem with the "no free entities" error message.

I read all material before installing, deleted the required maps, and the update worked until I added the stealth bomber in place of the regular airstrike.

Now we get the "no free entities" error message even after deleting the stealth and going back to the regular airstrike.

I changed the airstrike to "0" and added the sentry gun instead and it works beautifully.

I am only using stock COD4 maps with no custom maps at all with the exception of the three mentioned in the manual.

The other question I have is about the jet flybys.  I have them set for deadly but I don't see them even dropping bombs.  Does that function work?

Thanks again for all the hard work... it is very much appreciated!

GGamer

Offline torassn

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 11:39:27 am »
Quote from: "Joker{eXtreme}";p="36433"
Did you download the mod before Nov 26th?  

There were some fixes put in on this download http://extreme.clanwarz.com/X4_v3.0rc5/X4v3.0_RC5.zip

Yepp, I did :))  

Well, i tried the new mod (without any moddifications from my side) in the download link you sent. but the same error occurs..
Does it work for you?  :?

thanks for help and the quick answer :)

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 01:33:14 pm »
Open extreme\_ex_sentrygun.gsc

Remove line 38, which looks like this:

Offline torassn

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 07:54:24 am »
Quote from: "PatmanSan";p="36436"

That works ! :)  

thanks ! :D

Offline Dj_Hotys

• http://www.skillserver.cz
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2010, 08:50:06 am »
Quote from: "PatmanSan";p="36436"

it works, but can this be used only for sad? (it causes sentry gun does not work in all gametypes)
if yes, how?

Offline SiCDude4Him

• http://www.thunderinglegionclan.com
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2010, 11:44:15 am »
Posting a strange server setup behavior in case this is unintentional.

To limit classes you can normally setup this to make a snipers only server:

//******************************************************************************
// limits the number of players that can choose each class type
//******************************************************************************
set class_assault_limit "0"
set class_specops_limit "0"
set class_heavygunner_limit "0"
set class_demolitions_limit "0"
set class_sniper_limit "99"

However, all classes are still available. In order to limit classes you have to go to each loadout and turn off axis/allies:

// assault class default loadout
set allies_allow_assault "0"
set axis_allow_assault "0"

etc, etc.

Offline Andrissimo

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 04:42:42 am »
hi i have a problem wit RC5 Raw files.In there are no the change model files.I creat from raw files sniper mod with cod2 snipers..

next problem
after run makemod.cmd,the modmaker was finished with 7 errors.Without adding any file to this.

Menu load error:
ui/bg.inc.line11 : excepted float but found background
ui/bg.inc.line11 : couldnt parse menu item keyword rect
ui/bg.inc.line11 : couldnt parse menu  keyword itemDef

Error:sound file ...................at4_drop_v1.wav not found  
Error:sound file ...................at4_raise_v1.wav not found
--I think this two errors was okay

error:image  images/sword_col.iwi  is missing

Thank you,sorry for my bad english..

Offline Silver

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 09:32:17 pm »
Hi All

I been running this mod a while now..I am pleased to report NO problems at all...am desperate for the RAW files though..lol...excellent mod. I have managed to make all the changes I needed..except "they make it good..Extreme makes it better" still floats in multicolored glory at the bottom of the login screen....hey..no probs, great mod....but multicolored..rofl.

I changed the music to an old "vera lynn" we'll meet again, and of course my server name in the middle..all nice and subtle like..ya know..then BLAM out pops this multicolored message..hilarious..nah..all good fun, an excellent mod..a joy to play.

So @ Andrissimo..could you point me in the direction of the RC5 Raw files..I cannot find them anywhere...please

Also I note when looking through the iwd/images files that sword_col.iwi does not exist in the RC5 iwd images folder..if all you are trying to do is alter iwd files may I suggest NOT using mod tools.
Simply open the iwd folder via pak-scape..navigate to the iwi file you wish to change, convert it to dds via the converter, open it in photoshop, double click the layer to unlock it..make any changes you want, but, do NOT change the size or name of the file..then flatten the layer and save in the usual way, convert back to iwi and drop it in your iwd folder..works for me...make sure to update server iwd and re-direct iwd..delete the old iwd from your mods folder in the COD4 install DIR..and all should work fine.

When it comes to music..you can drop any mp3 file into the music folder..just re-name it to whatever file your updating..make sure you re-name it EXACTLY..so if your adding "vera lynn" for example..drop the mp3 file into the sound/music folder..delete the extreme file and re-name vera lynn to "hgw_gameshell_v10" now when the FF file looks to play that song..it will play "vera lynn"

Obviously this method will only work if the file already exists...so, as sword_col.iwi does not exist..what I just wrote is irrelevent..ooops, but as I wrote it I wont delete it..it may help someone..ya never know.