Author Topic: Bots  (Read 716 times)

Offline IAF_Lostcom

• http://www.iaoff.com
Bots
« on: December 10, 2010, 04:15:41 am »
Mod Extreme X4 3.0

What is the best way to keep the bots from leaving the the server?

After the tactical nuke the game ends as advertised so I set this setting:

set ex_bots_endgamekick "1"

The bots come back but not the same amount.

BTW are there any Mbots for X4 3.0 like X2 2.6?

Thanks guys,

John

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
Re: Bots
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 04:23:09 pm »
Best way to keep the bots on the server is staying on the same map forever. Bots don't like map rotations. If COD4 behaves like COD2, the game engine will allow 32 bots. When rotating maps, the old bots will get stuck in spectator mode, and new bots will spawn (up to 32 max). Kicking the bots doesn't help. The game remembers the slots occupied by the old bots. New bots will spawn until there are (were) 32, or your server is full, whatever comes first.

No Mbots for X4, but I think ATB has been working on getting the PezBots in X4. Not sure about the status.

Offline IAF_Lostcom

• http://www.iaoff.com
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 04:32:26 pm »
Hi Pat,

Only using one stock map in the rotation. Server is crashing everyday for some reason. When I get time I will look into it more.

Offline SmokingJoePot

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 07:55:07 pm »
Just add more rounds to the map so it doesn't change. Try making a config file with the bots command in it and then when the map changes, open your console in the new map and type /rcon exec bots.cfg or whatever you called the config, it will then lauch the bots again hopefully. Im trying to find the command to get the bots only on the axis side so I dont have to kick any of them so players can join. Anybody have any suggestions on what the command is to assign the bots to a certain team???