Author Topic: Extreme+ COD2 2.7 Freezetag Suggestions  (Read 308 times)

Offline Rugger

Extreme+ COD2 2.7 Freezetag Suggestions
« on: January 12, 2011, 08:33:04 am »
I am not sure what is or is not in the mod, so I am just putting up some suggestions that are in the COD4 freezetag mod that we run.

1. Put the option in to have the defrost beam invisible
2. Have a defrost bar in the middle of the screen to show the defrost progress. Always shown to the frozen player and only shown to the defroster when defrosting the player
3. Have the ice cube melt as you are being defrosted
4. Put the option in to once you are defrosted that you respawn back at the original spawn point, maybe use Sabatoge spawn points
5. Set the points the same for defrosting and freezing
6. Have it so you just aim your weapon at the person to defrost them and hold the use key not the binoculars, this way you can easily shoot a person trying to kill you while you are defrosting

Thanks guys, we at >XI< have been waiting for a long time for a COD2 freezetag mod to come out from you guys. Thank you and look forward to getting back into COD2.

Offline PatmanSan

• Administrator
Re: Extreme+ COD2 2.7 Freezetag Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 06:05:11 pm »
1. Put the option in to have the defrost beam invisible
Not sure about this one. In 2.7 FT there are three ways to unfreeze a teammate. From a distance you can either use the binoculars or the ray gun (both can be switched off btw). You expose yourself by doing it this way (laser fx), but that's the price to pay for doing a distant unfreeze. If you want to be relatively safe, you should do a close proximity unfreeze (just pressing the USE key when close to a frozen teammate). I personally think the exposure adds some excitement to the unfreezing operation.

2. Have a defrost bar in the middle of the screen to show the defrost progress. Always shown to the frozen player and only shown to the defroster when defrosting the player
That's included.

3. Have the ice cube melt as you are being defrosted
Not sure how they do it in COD4 FT, but sinking the ice cube xmodel does not look that great if you are frozen on open stairs or the second floor of a building. I don't think that loading additional xmodels just for the unfreeze fx is the way to go either, and using an effects file to thrink the xmodel only works well if the unfreeze operation is completed in one try. I tried them all, and the be honest... the eye candy wasn't worth the trouble.

4. Put the option in to once you are defrosted that you respawn back at the original spawn point, maybe use Sabatoge spawn points
That's an option, although you will respawn at a random spawn point close to unfrozen teammates.

5. Set the points the same for defrosting and freezing
You can set both the points for freezing and for unfreezing in the config.

6. Have it so you just aim your weapon at the person to defrost them and hold the use key not the binoculars, this way you can easily shoot a person trying to kill you while you are defrosting
If you want to be able to defend yourself when unfreezing in 2.7, either switch to the ray gun (it can be set to freeze mode, unfreeze mode, or both), or do a close proximity unfreeze. But I have to add... for some reason I like the vulnerability when doing an unfreeze operation. It makes you feel good about yourself LOL

Offline Rugger

Re: Extreme+ COD2 2.7 Freezetag Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 07:52:13 pm »
Thank you PatmanSan for the post. I cant wait to get my hands on this one. If you need a beta tester at all for the freezetag part we would love to help you out.