Author Topic: Server Crash with some maps  (Read 2041 times)

Offline ReaKtor

Re: Server Crash with some maps
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 05:40:43 pm »
Same Problem  - Different Day

Of course it crashes. You have too many maps, like I told you before.

Read and Translate all of this:

// Maps

Even with only ten or  twelve maps in /main your server will most likely not run.

You have the following choices:

1. Remove one map at a time until the server runs without generating the infostring error. And it needs to run all the maps in the rotation without the error so rotate through all maps with map_rotate. Only 8 or ten maps will run without renaming the files. Twelve is not likely.

2. Rename your maps with one character file names like a.iwd b.iwd c.iwd ... Rename the map files on the redirect too.
This simple renaming will allow 20 to 24 map files on the server.   Then you have to make mappaks.

3. When you get 20 or so maps you can expand it to 28 to 32 by doing all the things in my tutorial.

Read this tutorial and take two aspirin! ---

http://www.mycallofduty.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5309

And read my other tutorial on how to make a server. Link posted previosly

//

Offline xpresschiro

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 01:36:45 am »
Quote from: "kYMERA";p="38723"
WARNING: sound file 'amb_elements/elm_windgust3mono.wav' used as streamed in alias 'elm_windgust3' and loaded in alias 'wind1'
WARNING: sound file 'fire/Fire_med_loop01.wav' used as streamed in alias 'distantfire' and loaded in alias 'firesound1'
WARNING: sound file 'radio/germanradio_grv_10.wav' used as streamed in alias 'germanradio_chatter' and loaded in alias 'radiosound'

this is the problem.

We know very well that crashing a server is a big problem . We know that server has all the information about the website. It is the main database of the website. So at last we can say that for crashing the server , we lost the our website. Thanks to read my comment .

Offline kYMERA

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 01:20:48 pm »
i renamed the maps but i have always the same problem. The server crash in randomly in map_rotate

Offline kYMERA

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 01:23:04 pm »
Quote from: "xpresschiro";p="38750"
Quote from: "kYMERA";p="38723"
WARNING: sound file 'amb_elements/elm_windgust3mono.wav' used as streamed in alias 'elm_windgust3' and loaded in alias 'wind1'
WARNING: sound file 'fire/Fire_med_loop01.wav' used as streamed in alias 'distantfire' and loaded in alias 'firesound1'
WARNING: sound file 'radio/germanradio_grv_10.wav' used as streamed in alias 'germanradio_chatter' and loaded in alias 'radiosound'

this is the problem.

We know very well that crashing a server is a big problem . We know that server has all the information about the website. It is the main database of the website. So at last we can say that for crashing the server , we lost the our website. Thanks to read my comment .

i dont understand this comment!

Offline ReaKtor

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 01:59:45 pm »
Nobody understands that comment. Let's move on to fix your problem.

Crash on map_rotate ---

Maybe you still have too many map files in /main. Or you could have a typo in sv_maprotation. One extra space there could make it crash.

Furthermore, the mod is very sensitive to typos in the config files. Be very careful when you edit them.

Does the server run ok with a stock rotation of maps? If it runs ok with a stock rotation of maps then we need to see the list of custom maps.

Post a list of the map iwd files that you have in /main. The file names and the map's name too, please.

//