Author Topic: A handful of suggestions  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Chilly

A handful of suggestions
« on: October 06, 2007, 05:00:44 pm »
I've had other suggestions in other threads, but here's a few more.  A few are pretty simple, while others are more complex.

First, the ability to have a delay in the spawn time for attackers and/or defenders in S&D.  Certain maps aren't very well made and the attackers can get to the plant locations before the defenders have a chance to set up.  Other maps allow the defenders to catch the attackers in really vulnerable positions early.  This is even true on some of the stock maps.  I'd like to see a configurable scr_sd_attackerspawndelay and scr_sd_defenderspawndelay, which would allow server admins to configure each map as they see fit.  During the delay you could have "Spawn in X seconds" countdown for the players, or something like that.   I'm doing this a bit right now by using the parachutes only for the attackers on certain maps and setting the height accordingly, but since you can't configure the height based on attacking/defending it only takes care of 1/2 the situations.

Second, the AWE mod allows you to set the ExpFog settings in a separate file per map.  These allow you to make maps darker, lighter, foggier, less foggy, and really changes them up.  I believe the fog settings can gradually change over the course of the map as well, allowing the map to get darker as time passes.  Here's a good tutorial file on the settings:
http://files.filefront.com/CoD2+AWE+ExpFog+Settings/;5051357;/fileinfo.html

Third, is it possible to store the S&D bomb locations, HQ radio locations, and CTF flag positiions in a settings file and read them in on the fly?  If so, people could create (and share) alternate setups for maps and even make those game types possible on maps that didn't support them previously.  In order to get it to work right, perhaps spawn locations for each game type would also be required?

Fourth, another request for EHQ mode by La Truffe.  It really is one of the best game types out there, with tons of configuration options.  I'll try converting it myself at some point, but I'm sure someone more experienced could make it work with eXtreme+ a lot easier.

Thanks again for such a great mod.  :)